• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Wilmington Police confirm that a mother and her infant died when a tree fell on a home on Mercer Ave. Father in hospital with injuries.

Finally have some legitimate rain. Probably will stop again in 2 minutes.

Looks CJ is calling for Winds of 30 MPH with Gust of 50 for about 24 hours in GSP. Looks like more for Charlotte and points north. Hugging the Euro now.

UKMET is pretty much in line with what the WPC produced, hard to see exactly where the gradients line up on weathermodels.
Really sharp gradient. Monroe, NC to Rutherfordton, NC on 74 6-10 inches including Charlotte. On a line from Greenville SC to Columbia 2-4 inches but increasing greatly just NW of that line. NC foothills 8-12 inches.

I wish I had looked at my weather station and saw it took 9volt instead of AA for the battery backup. Sigh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I’m creeping up on 2”, according to Doppler estimates. I’ve had a few gust near 50, according to Rain Cold estimates!

Gonna be something if it just keeps on headed W into GA and goes all the way across SC. Then those 6-10" would be right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My house sits on top of a hill with some trees in the back but I’m a little exposed to the west which is usually where my strongest thunderstorm winds come from. Curious to see how this plays out with winds from the northeast
You’ll be ok! The trees have been tested before, with a good wedge, you’ll get an occasional gust to 20mph, that the worst I’d expect for us this weekend!

Looks CJ is calling for Winds of 30 MPH with Gust of 50 for about 24 hours in GSP. Looks like more for Charlotte and points north. Hugging the Euro now.
No way that happens! No way we sustain at 30 mph for 2 hours, much less 24

FWIW, the 18z 3k NAM is quite a bit farther north with the track than the 12z.

BTW, I love weather. I don’t love loss of life and devastation, but I love tracking things like this and experiencing the wind and rain.

BTW, I love weather. I don’t love loss of life and devastation, but I love tracking things like this and experiencing the wind and rain.

Was just looking at that. The 12km NAM was too.

nam.refcmp_ptype.us_ma.trend.gif

You’ve pretty much nailed the track so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back