• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

d0c2e565af32ce5ea6a592a9be7d4043.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As this storm moves ssw, sw, and the outer bands move farther away from hwy 64 from raleigh to asheboro, i have a hard time seeing northern wake and chatham getting any siginificant rainfall. Still think lee, harnett, and southern wake can get a decent amount.

2A64EFD1-F03A-411E-A83E-9367A25F45F2.png Looking like the W/SW side of the storm is the strongest part of the storm, kind of unusual! If that keeps up, could have big implications for places it goes directly over, like my area, later on down the line!

Do you NC people . I have no clue where this is
e50603d2259d011c90876327fdd6cb6e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right about here. I believe myself and SD are south of 64. I am in Holly Springs about 10 miles south of that line. I think Florence may track a little to far south to get 6-10" up to Hwy 64. Thinking 3-5" for us with 2-3" for Raleigh.

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 8.53.34 AM.png

I don't know rain shield is expanding to the north and northeast somewhat
As this storm moves ssw, sw, and the outer bands move farther away from hwy 64 from raleigh to asheboro, i have a hard time seeing northern wake and chatham getting any siginificant rainfall. Still think lee, harnett, and southern wake can get a decent amount.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The 3km can be a little stingy on its northern extend of precip shield but this gradient somewhere around southern Wake line will be tight.

6z run.

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 9.05.54 AM.png

Back