• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Surprise, surprise a subtropical high is trending stronger on the guidance as we begin to close in on verification. Phil & Larry aren't out of the woods.

Webb,
A) I don't want it
B) I'm rather certain Larry doesn't
C) A south moving TS ... :confused: ... never had that experience
and
D) Which is what's gonna get me in trouble here, but I've been hinting without saying so outright for days that the north GA coastline was a very likely target due simply to the sheer and steering current set up. I really pray I'm wrong about the thought ...
The whipping post is now ready ... o_O

Tbh, this is much needed rains for North GA.

4h2HgvE.jpg

If that 37" rain verifies for ILM, on top of a potential landfall, geez. This storm has so many characteristics to consider individually. The Governor of SC is also looking like a smart guy from his decisions.

If that 37" rain verifies for ILM, on top of a potential landfall, geez. This storm has so many characteristics to consider individually. The Governor of SC is also looking like a smart guy from his decisions.
People are still going to find a way to rip him to shreds. Heard he cancelled mando evacs for a few if the southernmost counties, but if this verifies he might have to reconsider that and reverse the decision. I've been trying to stress to friends in Wilmington that they might want to dip out but this run is just... Like what?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tbh, this is much needed rains for North GA.

4h2HgvE.jpg
Crap...No thanks...I don’t need 7.6 inches of rain. I’ll pass. This is disastrous coastal rainfall all the way from Kiawah to Ocracoke Island. Plus the whole state of SC is under water! Why can’t we get a system 1/4th the size of this to bomb out in January with a strong HP in the northeast and some damn blocking! smdh

So judging by the 12z runs there are two main model camps I'm seeing.
1. Some models slow this down on an approach to Morehead City area and slowly drift it inland or over the sounds like the ICON, 32km NAM and CMC.
2. The Euro, FV3, GFS and UK have this either making landfall or stalling off Wilmington, NC before drifting it west or southwest.

EPS certainly looks North to me but it's just at the coastline it's about now that things probably start to get crazy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back