• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

The 6z ICON provided a substantial hit to RDU and GSO. The diurnal timing is great w/ the heaviest precipitation and snowfall occurring in the overnight hours.
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_24.png

6z GGEM also likes northwest NC and southeast VA. The GGEM was much further north yesterday with this potential.

SN_000-084_0000.gif

6z GGEM also likes northwest NC and southeast VA. The GGEM was much further north yesterday with this potential.

View attachment 4704

Not sure how much I buy no precipitation falling SE of the far NW piedmont, virtually every other NWP model is on board w/ some hydrometeors reaching the ground in the Triangle and even areas further SE

Not sure how much I buy no precipitation falling SE of the far NW piedmont, virtually every other NWP model is on board w/ some hydrometeors reaching the ground in the Triangle and even areas further SE

That was just snow output. Here is QPF, it has nice precip max down I40.

PR_000-084_0000.gif

That was just snow output. Here is QPF, it has nice precip max down I40.

View attachment 4705
Ah okay my bad, yea that’s not a bad look for RDU and GSO in general. If there’s enough lift in this elongated frontogenetical band we could dynamically cool the column to produce heavy wet snow which is what other models like the ICON depict. The CMC was blasting DC just a few runs ago and was last to the punch to catch onto this more suppressed storm track that other models were already on board with.

If you guys could convince that monster cad to shift this thing south by about 25 miles, I’d appreciate it very much. Thanks!

That El-Nino several summers back in which we stayed in the low to mid 80s all summer wasn't that hot. Probably a rarity and location though. I'm sure it was hot down in ATL.
You are probably referring to 2013. The coolest summer I remember was 2003. I think that year ATL only hit 90 a handful of times.

Back