• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2023 Thread

It definitely has not rained as much as forecast so far but I am sure that will change here soon. I’m perfectly fine with only getting 3-4 inches of rain instead of 5-6 or more.
I'll be shocked if anyone sees 2 out of this and many will get under .25. Typical summer storms is all this will be. East of i-77 may be another story though.

I'll be shocked if anyone sees 2 out of this and many will get under .25. Typical summer storms is all this will be. East of i-77 may be another story though.
Probably a little more coverage than just afternoon storms. But I would be shocked if the 7 inch totals are as widespread as models were indicating. This is no comparison to the widespread heavy rain tropical systems bring. Just tropical downpours off and on throughout the week with an awful lot of dry time in between. I'll stick with 2-3 total.

The GFS is trending down for this event west of I-77 and it will probably continue to do so.

The GFS is trending down for this event west of I-77 and it will probably continue to do so.
I didn’t think there would be much west of I-77 today because the flow around the upper low has been from the west and wsw. Now that the low is dropping south, the flow has already switched to southwesterly and we’re beginning to see more development back over western sections. This will continue to increase as the flow becomes southeasterly tomorrow and increases upslope.

The 6z GFS continues the trend. This event may already be about over in the GSP county warning area outside of the mountains and upslope areas north of I-85. It shows less than 1.25 of additional rain now for many of us through hour 108.

I've been in OKC since Sunday night due to the complete mess in Tulsa after the storm(had decided I was gonna try and stay in a hotel and failed because apparently everyone else had the same idea at the few that had power and finally just gave up and drove an hour to the edge of OKC) The estimate on my power restoration at the apartment is Friday and the heat indexes are climbing til then ?. I have to go home today and really hoping it's way sooner than that. I did manage to get a hotel in Tulsa tonight through Friday if needed but yeah this is rough.

The 6z GFS continues the trend. This event may already be about over in the GSP county warning area outside of the mountains and upslope areas north of I-85. It shows less than 1.25 of additional rain now for many of us through hour 108.
You're so ridiculous.... maybe the Euro will verify for you, seems you fail to mention that one

qpf_acc-imp.us_ma.png

Back