• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

Could get interesting on Friday night and Saturday morning for some of us. I will be in Huntsville AL for the weekend and may get to see some interesting storms on the plain. Great area to see the entire storm as they come and go.

This seems pretty unusual for this time of year.
Welcome to mid April correction mid July in Alabama. If this verifies this may be the second time this summer we see a tornado watch unrelated to a tropical system. I've always wondered what would happen if we combined dynamic support with summertime cape values. We may get to see that experiment play out.

Looks as if we could cool down here after this front for a while. Perhaps no 90s as well. Highs look to be in the mid to upper 80s with lows below 70 after a long stretch of highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 70s. Just a slight drop but still could be a big difference if humidity stays down.

Welcome to mid April correction mid July in Alabama. If this verifies this may be the second time this summer we see a tornado watch unrelated to a tropical system. I've always wondered what would happen if we combined dynamic support with summertime cape values. We may get to see that experiment play out.

Probably much more likely to deal with a Derecho if storms can fire and get a cold pool going. Could be nasty with SBcape around 5000, strong laspe rates, strong EML and strong shear aloft.

Probably much more likely to deal with a Derecho if storms can fire and get a cold pool going. Could be nasty with SBcape around 5000, strong laspe rates, strong EML and strong shear aloft.

Gonna be some huge hail for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could get interesting on Friday night and Saturday morning for some of us. I will be in Huntsville AL for the weekend and may get to see some interesting storms on the plain. Great area to see the entire storm as they come and go.

This seems pretty unusual for this time of year.
Numbers are not as high as that per 12Z. Highest is only around 3 vs around 8 or 9. Changes run to run so just have to wait and see, but right now it seems to not be pinned down on if it could happen or not.

Numbers are not as high as that per 12Z. Highest is only around 3 vs around 8 or 9. Changes run to run so just have to wait and see, but right now it seems to not be pinned down on if it could happen or not.
Always the case, regardless of the "event", which frankly makes most of this fun ... the movie's ending is always a wait-and-see ... :confused:

105-108 in Dallas the next few days. Imagine how hot it will be there in August ! August is usually their warmest month.

105-108 in Dallas the next few days. Imagine how hot it will be there in August ! August is usually their warmest month.

it doesn't get much worse most years... 110+ is pretty hard to do especially since we've had a good bit of rain lately and not a severe drought. Even 2011, the king of heat in recent times(71 days 100+) the worst high was 110.

This will probably be the worst heat wave in the summer I'm guessing, certainly on longevity

Y8775767657yu68u yet u it out u68 you 55 you 8
It 5 Out 78u5 you and I I u it 8understand I 7u u u oooooi 57 7 it you uhuru u7i it up u7 u7i u7u ry u7i u7 u7i tutu tr u7u 7u tut ry 7u6uttu u7 u7 u7 688i888yiy8888888888 you 75u67th and 4u tuttutu and 7 7u and ui yu6uu7u5u6 u7 uu6uu

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What in the world happened to your message? Has the heat been that bad that sending a message doesn't work anymore?

4C2B6F88-4D94-47C7-8661-BB87C7F647B6.png Found this guy today! He said it’s too damn hot!!

Unreal, we’re getting a second very heavy thunderstorm here just a few hours after one that put down 1.5-2”! Street flooding is liable to be really bad with this one when considering the leftover puddles from the prior one.

Today's edition of MBY wx, the big "S" edition, and a followup to the above post:

- I ended up with somewhere in the unreal range of 2.5-3" on Monday (7/16) from 2 thunderstorms as well as some general rains, easily the heaviest of the month to date.
- Yesterday (7/17), I got another PM thunderstorm giving me ~1/4-1/2".
- Today (7/18): I got ~1.5" from a series of 2 thunderstorms over the last 2 hours or so, which makes it 2nd to 7/16 for the wettest day of July so far. On 7/7, I had received 1-1.5" for the 3rd wettest day of this month.
- So, the last 3 days have given me ~4.25-5" of rain, which is just under the normal for the entire month of ~5.5-6"! The month to date (7/1-18) is likely near the 6-7.5" range or at least double the normal of just over 3"!

Today's edition of MBY wx, the big "S" edition, and a followup to the above post:

- I ended up with somewhere in the unreal range of 2.5-3" on Monday (7/16) from 2 thunderstorms as well as some general rains, easily the heaviest of the month to date.
- Yesterday (7/17), I got another PM thunderstorm giving me ~1/4-1/2".
- Today (7/18): I got ~1.5" from a series of 2 thunderstorms over the last 2 hours or so, which makes it 2nd to 7/16 for the wettest day of July so far. On 7/7, I had received 1-1.5" for the 3rd wettest day of this month.
- So, the last 3 days have given me ~4.25-5" of rain, which is just under the normal for the entire month of ~5.5-6"! The month to date (7/1-18) is likely near the 6-7.5" range or at least double the normal of just over 3"!
Ahhh ... Savannah ... 1st cuz to MBY ... ;)

Back