• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Yes, indeed, the warmth this week is, if anything, overperforming.
I'll certainly take it. I'm interested in the extended. The safe money is on warm but there is an open window for cold to sneak in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would like to let our members know in here, that we now allow our members to upload images, text files, and pdf files directly to our website. No longer will members who do not use Tapatalk be forced to upload their imagery on an external website.

Guests will need to login and or signup to see the imagery/files.

This is kind of a test phase, but let us know with a message if there are any problems. Also, when you upload an image, you will see a little bar to insert it into your post as a thumbnail (default) or full size image.

Side note; files can be no larger than 2MB (which most PDF files are larger) during the testing phase.

Last edited:
Just to give you an indication how long lasting this cold spell has been. Chattanooga has been below 50 degrees (the normal high for this time of year) since Dec 23. 8 total days below 40. 6 nights in the teens, 15 consecutive nights below freezing. 12 was the official lowest temp.

Just to give you an indication how long lasting this cold spell has been. Chattanooga has been below 50 degrees (the normal high for this time of year) since Dec 23. 8 total days below 40. 6 nights in the teens, 15 consecutive nights below freezing. 12 was the official lowest temp.
Impressive considering there was no snow cover. Imagine how cold it would have been with snow cover.

At 2 PM, KCHS was 75 while Folly Beach, which is only 15 miles south, was only 49! That's what the historic cold longevity that ended just two days ago will do.

Will be interesting to see if the gfs trends towards the Euro and cmc. Given the gfs bias with a strong northern stream

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Looks like nothing brewing in TX through Tues on 18z GFS
Edit: it's trying on Tuesday , let's see what happens, looks like it will be supressed

Gfs isn't even close to the Euro and cmc at H5. ------ model

Gfs isn't even close to the Euro and cmc at H5. ------ model

That's a big improvement over the last few runs of the GFS , but looks like it brings it out way too late, as cold is sliding out

That's a big improvement over the last few runs of the GFS , but looks like it brings it out way too late, as cold is sliding out
It's late cause H5 is way different vs the euro and cmc

Back