• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

It's going to be cold again next weekend, but anyone thinking it's going to be even colder than what we're just about to wrap up, just isn't thinking. Looking at the Euro/EPS city charts, the coldest it'll get might be similar but with a shorter duration.
he disagrees:
Don’t want to put the cart before the horse here since we’ve got winter weather in play through Monday morning; however, the shot of bitterly cold air moving in this upcoming weekend ALSO gives us a chance of some more wintry precip and it *might* be the coldest air we’ve had yet. Joy. I was really hoping it would get colder. (That’s called sarcasm if you were wondering
1f601.png
)
26238931_1786390014718738_3467145090729303478_n.jpg

0Z Euro: Cold 1/8. Warmth 1/9-12. Transition 1/13. Cold 1/14-16. Warms back up 1/17-8. Yo yo! What I'm most curious about is right after this.Will a warm dominated pattern get established for the rest of the month and beyond or not?

0Z Euro: Cold 1/8. Warmth 1/9-12. Transition 1/13. Cold 1/14-16. Warms back up 1/17-8. Yo yo! What I'm most curious about is right after this.Will a warm dominated pattern get established for the rest of the month and beyond or not?
Sick weather if u ask me...i am take a warm up and then a cold FAB FEB

he disagrees:
Don’t want to put the cart before the horse here since we’ve got winter weather in play through Monday morning; however, the shot of bitterly cold air moving in this upcoming weekend ALSO gives us a chance of some more wintry precip and it *might* be the coldest air we’ve had yet. Joy. I was really hoping it would get colder. (That’s called sarcasm if you were wondering
1f601.png
)
26238931_1786390014718738_3467145090729303478_n.jpg

Savannah, Charleston, much of the Carolinas, and into N FL just had their coldest week in decades in some cases (SAV and CHS definitely did) thanks to the incredibly long duration. Although it might get very cold for a short period, I doubt seriously this cold air will have anything close to the duration much of the SE just had. Multidecadal history like this isn't normally repeated in the same winter, much less just 1-2 weeks later. Now perhaps N AL/Huntsville will be a different story.

Last edited:
Savannah, Charleston, and much of the Carolinas just had their coldest week in decades in some cases (SAV and CHS definitely did) thanks to the incredibly long duration. Although it might get very cold for a short period, I doubt seriously this cold air will have anything close to the duration much of the SE just had. Multidecadal history like this isn't normally repeated in the same winter, much less just 1-2 weeks later.
Patterns tend to repeat.

Savannah, Charleston, and much of the Carolinas just had their coldest week in decades in some cases (SAV and CHS definitely did) thanks to the incredibly long duration. Although it might get very cold for a short period, I doubt seriously this cold air will have anything close to the duration much of the SE just had. Multidecadal history like this isn't normally repeated in the same winter, much less just 1-2 weeks later. Now perhaps N AL/Huntsville will be a different story.
I really like the met that storm lover got that from. He trends to the most realistic out of all the news station in Huntsville market. We have one Weather station will cry wolf every time it a small thunderstorm outside. Saying “we are going to get blown away”. Sorry didn’t put this in the banter section.

Patterns tend to repeat.

Yes, but once per multi-decade record durations of intense cold do not tend to repeat. Certainly not within 1-2 weeks! That's why they're multi-decade records. Do you honestly think that something that hasn't occurred in 41 years will repeat next week? Seriously? Are we suddenly in a new ice age or something?

Yes, but once per multi-decade record durations of intense cold do not tend to repeat. Certainly not within 1-2 weeks! That's why they're multi-decade records. Do you honestly think that something that hasn't occurred in 41 years will repeat next week? Seriously? Are we suddenly in a new ice age or something?

Mini ice age was said to be on the way by 2020 on some space weather sites. I'm not sure this has anything to do with that, though.

00z eps is very supportive of an op like solution . 00z Euro control smashes northern Mississippi and West Tennessee

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Chicago gets crushed the day I'm supposed to come back to Dallas lol

Massive snow band from Memphis to Chicago to Ottawa!

But downtown Chicago only gets 14 inches... places in Michigan get 30+ inches...:eek:
Figures, got the snow just south of here, now it’s time for just north of here, how winter goes. lol

Pretty big shift east on the GFS this am. Is it the start of something??? The Christmas system that was a low forming on the arctic front was a Chicago storm before it got sent to Cuba. Exaggeration, I know but systems getting squashed is a thing this year.

Back