• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

8248f0d5fa17a9bd9f017fb391d73981.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I would feel a lot better about this setup if this s/w was separated from the northern stream but it's still attached all the way to the SE US coast and enters the US from MN & WI... Hard to put much trust into a weak frontal wave riding along an arctic front to spread moisture back into the Carolinas at day 5... Need another 36-48 hours before I'm very interested.

I would feel a lot better about this setup if this s/w was separated from the northern stream but it's still attached all the way to the SE US coast and enters the US from MN & WI... Hard to put much trust into a weak frontal wave riding along an arctic front to spread moisture back into the Carolinas at day 5... Need another 36-48 hours before I'm very interested.

Same here. I would love to see some separation here.

Damn, this is fun watching and reading; got thoughts but not worth posting, except to say i) that for perhaps the 3rd time this year Gainesville will be rooting for y'all north and west of here, and ii) that if only the PNA and MJO would cooperate and allow this to continue until March ... :confused:

Good luck on some more snow, Folks! ;)

New Arctic high supported by the 12Z GEFS to reach the SE 1/22. If so, that means warmup lasts no more than 2 days. Based on this, I don't think it would be premature to increase discussions on how cold this month is liable to turn out vs past cold Januaries. I'm already wondering if it will challenge 2014, which was the coldest January in KATL (6.3 colder than normal) and other areas since 1985! No, it won't be as cold as 1940 or 1977. But a top 10 percentile cold January is becoming more and more possible.

The 122Z GFS/GEFS 1/22 Arctic high not on the 12Z Euro at all (nor the 0Z).

Back