• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

milky sunshine and 39° here in NW Guilford
My congratulations to all those seeing sleet and snow. My condolences to those of the rest of us…

Has nod been my storm. Should’ve been in Roanoke. Winters cancelled
About 3 or so more hours to get something added. I have to think northern Franklin and Floyd have been blasted if that is not mixing SE of Roanoke. Best returns have been down there the whole time. What a strange setup. I have occasionally had 1/4 to 1/2 mile visibility so have been surprised at times at the rates here. Maybe we were getting a little of what Web was talking about here in the valley? HRRR went kind of dry on me for a while overnight and today but I guess it was missing something.

Not sure where you have been but a good chunk of north GA is under a WWA for ice.
The 5pm update did add Cobb, Fulton and a few other counties in the metro. Not supposed to get below freezing until about 6am though.

Back