• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Global Model Runs Discussion 2018

Personally, I would go with a more western track. Until the thing dies, you have to go with the ridge staying strong in the long range which would mean a WNW to NW track across the Central/eastern GOM.
FV3 agrees with you....hangs it up for several days under the ridge as far west as it can go....

Screenshot_20181002-145644.jpg

Euro directing a H at Fl... but it's just one run 10 days out
edit: actually a strong tropical storm
ecmwf_uv850_vort_seus_11.png

0z Euro pretty much is storm cancel, barely pops a very weak low near Eastern FL at 240

0z GFS was very weak into the Central Gulf then it dies

Last edited:
On the other hand, the NAVGEM and CMC have been very consistent on the same path into the gulf and a low forming soon.
Yeah, our local Mets are on it!! They said none of the models are showing this disturbance affecting any U.S land masses!:(:mad:

Not the new one from the box set release, "Gainesville," I trust ... o_O
Oh no, it's either the classic "I Won't Back Down" or his last release before his untimely departure from this world "Hit Louisiana and Leave Mack High N Dry Again"

gem_mslp_pcpn_watl_26.png

ICON: questionable credibility
GFS: some credibility
CMC: very little credibility, especially when Euro has nothing even close to it; has a very strong tendency to overstrengthen
What do you think of navgem? :)

I'm not Larry but my experience tells me it tends to be TC happy, in other words very often over develops and intensifies tropical systems. I'd put it in the CMC category
What do you think of navgem? :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back