• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Can anybody tell what the forecasted pressure is of the high over Bermuda this week? I see 1036, but that isn't the center of it.

920AAAAF-3DB7-47D7-AF97-4DC9F3C6640B.jpeg 262B49C6-C300-4642-97F5-505042E12C96.jpeg Some cloud pics from today! This weather sucks!

Sorry, thought I was in banter, mods move if necessary

80 on Friday

45 yesterday

70 today

Hit the lights! Jarring January followed by Failing February and Muggy March! Best winter ever :(

80 on Friday

45 yesterday

70 today

Hit the lights! Jarring January followed by Failing February and Muggy March! Best winter ever :(

January was the best single winter month in many, many years for me. It was historic and will never be forgotten.

Has there ever been a winter with so much extreme weather in North GA ? From a foot of snow to the warmest Feb ever

walking around snow in northern NYC today(even though it was 40 degrees and melting) just made me realize I want to move further north...

and its forecast to be 72 here Wednesday after I'm back in Dallas :eek:

Whats ironic is in plans from weeks ago for this trip today was always a go to the northern parts of the city I hadnt been before... Funny how that worked out as they had the most snow too lol

Last edited:
January was the best single winter month in many, many years for me. It was historic and will never be forgotten.
Yeah I saw snow fall 4 times and ice fall once but a max accumulation of 2.5" just doesn't do it for me. We can do better here in the upstate

Things are still very much on track for KATL to have its warmest Feb on record beating the current warmest of 2017, which is 56.1. Now the question is whether or not they can beat the warmest Dec on record, which is 2016's 57.6 and would mean the warmest month of met winter on record. I don't at all think that's out of the realm of reasonable possibilities. We're also looking at the very real possibility of the warming from 1/18 to 2/18 being the strongest on record for any Jan to Feb. We may hate the warmth, but at least we get to track history. Exciting times from a strictly wx history standpoint keeping it from being too boring!

Followup to the above: today's MDA (now called "Radiant Solutions") forecast for KATL for Feb.: It has been warmed even further and is now at an incredible 57.3 F, which would obliterate the current record warmest Feb (which was just last year) back to 1879 of only 56.1!! And before 2017, the warmest Feb had been only 54.9, which was way back in 1927!

The warmest met winter month on record is Dec of 2015's 57.6. With the current Feb fcast already up to 57.3, there is a realistic chance at breaking this too.

Last edited:
If this is a Ferocious Freezing February, I sure would hate to see what a Torch February would be. I guess that would be in Hell

I had an interesting flight into Dallas this evening back from NYC... pretty sure the plane got struck by lightning when we were circling over the Red River...

Thunderstruck- The great AC/DC

Im up in Chicago for work and its 36 degrees and its supposed to drop to 26. Rain changing to freezing rain then snow. It seems like the switchover is taking as long as it usually does in Alabama haha. It's been 36 degrees for 2 hours.

NYC was gonna be in the 70s tomorrow(almost unheard of, and yes I still saw a little snow in one part of the airport today) and yet I come back to Dallas to 30s and rain :confused:

Last edited:
Back