• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_29.png
WOW!!! COLD!!!

^ Also, look at that incredibly strong -NAO, the strongest of at least the last 4 GFS runs and stronger than the last 2 Euro runs at least!
Larry,
I'll probably get bumped on this - but thanks for the updates! Work is crazy and getting to details leads to stale details since I have to wait until 9:00 PM to be able to study every model. So, thanks! ;)
Best,
Phil
Back to the salt mine ...

^ Also, look at that incredibly strong -NAO, the strongest of at least the last 4 GFS runs and stronger than the last 2 Euro runs at least!
Yep! A lot stronger on the -NAO than 12z! Thanks for the pbp Larry! Also, I'd rather have the very cold look just shown at this point.

Nothing transient about that look for sure... will be nice to have some cold air and not have to use the"t" word for a change.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don’t know as much as y’all do. The ridge is nice and so is the cold. But if it’s so cold and the jet stream in squashed so south that it’s all a waste, right?

I don’t know as much as y’all do. The ridge is nice and so is the cold. But if it’s so cold and the jet stream in squashed so south that it’s all a waste, right?
No not a waste, need to the cold, and when it moderates then that the best storms.

Back