• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 28-29th Possible Winter Storm

Im not sure if it was mentioned, but the NAVGEM was less suppressed.
That's a good thing if you're looking for a storm. It's usually way too much suppressed, so another score against the GFS.

These winter storms in the South have a mind of their own, don't rely on one model run on any model. The mets in ATL forecast 1 inch a few hours before the bottom fell out a few weeks ago..
I dont even get my weather info from tv mets any more like i used to. I think the people on here are much more reliable and accurate than they are.

Nice! So, the FV3 is like the Euro:

GFS on left, FV3 on the right same time:

wow.png

That is insane, WTF, why do we even look at the GFS anymore??

The FV3 is going to take time to work all the kinks out; but this is a good sign that we have a model that has a similar Euro solution; since we know how good the Euro is as a whole, regardless of individual storm scores.

The FV3 is going to take time to work all the kinks out; but this is a good sign that we have a model that has a similar Euro solution; since we know how good the Euro is as a whole, regardless of individual storm scores.

Agree, but look at the upper Midwest, almost identical to the GFS, the GFS just has a difficult with the SE...

That is insane, WTF, why do we even look at the GFS anymore??
I don't look at the GFS anymore, it's had multiple solutions and been so inconsistent over the last few days, it's not even reliable. You'd think the closer we get to actual verification time, it would translate to something remotely close to what is happening.

Back