• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations Current Observations

currently 18 with a wind chill of 5 at my house... expected low around 7. Gonna be a long cold night.

CHA got to 8 officially back in Feb 2015... NWS has that for our low tonight. We'll see. I think the airport stays around 10 though, just based on personal observations over the years. Surrounding ridges have a chance at breaking 0 though. Already 9 degrees on Signal Mt.

so much wind still, we can't even get good radiational cooling with this air mass to get to single digits. Airport still reporting 16 at this hour. 13 at my house.

9 at my house, 12 at CHA airport, and 4 up on Signal Mt. as of 5 am.

I got down to 4 degrees around 1 am last night before bed time. I don’t know if I hit the forecast of -2 because I didn’t check the temp again until 9:30am when I woke up. It is however 8 degrees as of 8:46pm which means the gfs is way too warm with my low temp of supposedly 14 degrees by tomorrow morning. Also all the streams and lakes are frozen solid which I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. I’ll try and get some pictures tomorrow or at least before Sunday when we finally warm up above freezing. I have seen Lakes frozen on the top many times here but not like now to where I can walk on them. Don’t worry I didn’t go out far enough to where I’d be in trouble if I fell through. Lol

Temperature is currently 6 degrees colder than forecast. I haven't looked but I would imagine dew points are lower than forecast as well. Which leads me to believe it's like this throughout the region. Which then leads me to believe there will be an even sharper cutoff come game time tomorrow. Thats some cold dry air out there

Made it to 9.4 yesterday morning and 30.6 yesterday afternoon. Been below freezing since 3:30pm Sunday. Forecast today is 36. Currently 24 and cloudy. Warmed up 3 degrees last hour or so with cloud cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am currently up at a cabin high in the GA mountains with in view of Brasstown Bald, Currently 8 degrees with a wind of 30 to 40 mph, horrific wind chill, and snow grains/ice crystals.. Have a roaring fire going with lots of Champagne.....We are about 3675 feet ABSL

Back