• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

still doesn't appear to be much in the way of Atlantic tropical activity to follow through the end tonight's GFS run... but some BN temps might be in order... doubtful at this range, but hopeful:
gfs_T2m_us_44.png
gfs_T850a_us_42.png

Wonder if I can get a good storm 3 days in a row. Actually had another one roll through at 2 this morning. Looks like I am right on the line for the severe threat. Gotta love how it cuts right through the middle of Wake County.

FB_IMG_1534164891921.jpg

Wonder if I can get a good storm 3 days in a row. Actually had another one roll through at 2 this morning. Looks like I am right on the line for the severe threat. Gotta love how it cuts right through the middle of Wake County.

View attachment 5603
I think it'll be difficult to muster anything today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah there is a 20% chance and that may be generous, that's some dry air in place.
2c3fe0ff4f7354d96824b9e2b30c4bd8.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The line of storms in Va is somewhat interesting. Mid level dry air as you pointed out will be a killer but these storms may be embedded in an area of higher moisture that travels south with them. Would be surprised if a shower or storm made it to your area or bricks tonight as that outflow charges south

Juat drove to the corner gas station to get some gas, and there is some killer lightning going on to my NW.

As a person working outside presently for a living, it was noticeably drier , humidity wise today!! And one more clear sign of fall, I’ve spotted the first fall onions
(Garlic) in the grass! Winter is right around the corner!

As a person working outside presently for a living, it was noticeably drier , humidity wise today!! And one more clear sign of fall, I’ve spotted the first fall onions
(Garlic) in the grass! Winter is right around the corner!
It was 63 this morning which has been happening every couple of weeks a couple times here. Typically don't see that in the summer months here but I'm glad we are.

The line of storms in Va is somewhat interesting. Mid level dry air as you pointed out will be a killer but these storms may be embedded in an area of higher moisture that travels south with them. Would be surprised if a shower or storm made it to your area or bricks tonight as that outflow charges south

I saw the HRRR showing these earlier and didn't think they had a chance but they're still hanging on and Roxboro is getting hammered. That's the lightning Brick is seeing I'm sure

5th day of rain here... in the hottest time of the entire summer.. about 2 inches here but some places have had double that. The airport has already surpassed its normal August rainfall and temps haven't been even close to normal highs. I hope this is a sign of things to come towards fall

I saw the HRRR showing these earlier and didn't think they had a chance but they're still hanging on and Roxboro is getting hammered. That's the lightning Brick is seeing I'm sure

Storms are capitalizing on lingering mlcapes around 1500. This outflow may make it all the way to my area tonight.

Tomorrow is looking better as well

Yeah, looks like a good storm rolling through southern Wake.

Back