• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

A.c. went out today fml

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sorry man, that sucks! You won't need it this weekend, with the low 80s and low humidity! I'm sure that will pan out ! You just have to tough it out 4 more days! :)

Sorry man, that sucks! You won't need it this weekend, with the low 80s and low humidity! I'm sure that will pan out ! You just have to tough it out 4 more days! :)
85 in the house right now at least my electric bill will be cheaper

85 in the house right now at least my electric bill will be cheaper

Maybe you just have a slow freon leak? Or something cheap and easy. Is it blowing air and just not cold, or blowing warm air constantly and unit never shuts off? Last issue I had was the latter, the capacitor had stuck and just kept running and the outside pipes had frozen over. But good luck

Probably the capacitor. Gonna cost you $100 to replace a $6 part.
Maybe you just have a slow freon leak? Or something cheap and easy. Is it blowing air and just not cold, or blowing warm air constantly and unit never shuts off? Last issue I had was the latter, the capacitor had stuck and just kept running and the outside pipes had frozen over. But good luck
Yep I think it's the capacitor. Unit blows warm air and doesn't cut off. Fan on the unit outside doesn't run

Yep I think it's the capacitor. Unit blows warm air and doesn't cut off. Fan on the unit outside doesn't run

Just fixed the one on my house, same exact symptoms. You can verify if you want, by using something other than your hand obviously to start the fan up. The fan should spin, but no cold air will blow since the compressor didn't start.
If you take the panel off, I bet the cap is bulging.

If you cant find a local A/C place to sell you cap, you can buy them on Amazon actually.

Just fixed the one on my house, same exact symptoms. You can verify if you want, by using something other than your hand obviously to start the fan up. The fan should spin, but no cold air will blow since the compressor didn't start.
If you take the panel off, I bet the cap is bulging.

If you cant find a local A/C place to sell you cap, you can buy them on Amazon actually.
Thanks! For it fixed today knew someone that knew someone yay

3879cf6ae0ee4f4d6cf875e068b581e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! For it fixed today knew someone that knew someone yay

Did you use the Jet as payment?

I remember in a summer some time ago, when it was really hot the air conditioner in my house did not control it, and there was some days in which the thermometer was showing 84-85 compared to a 77 (sometimes 76) temp it should've been. And this went on for quite some time (actually think this happened over more than one summer), and it wasn't that the A/C was off or completely broken, it was on but failing due to something simple.

Turns out the A/C needed to be repaired...I can't remember what it was, I think it was a Freon leak but I'm not sure.

The forecast highs from Thursday-Tuesday make my pants tight
How's the next " big wet" pattern looking? That northern track on the tropical entity in to TX and then zooming east, would be great! Don't think the FL one, will get us any rain!?

How's the next " big wet" pattern looking? That northern track on the tropical entity in to TX and then zooming east, would be great! Don't think the FL one, will get us any rain!?
meh I've punted on any wet patterns. Thinking about overseeding this weekend and getting a head start.

Back