• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ah-choo April Discussion

Let those NE and MA folks bake ... LOL

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Lol at the chasers in plains acting like today is a high risk or something . #betterthannothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovely time of the year - and here we go hopin' for 10 days out -- in the friggin' late spring ... :eek:

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_2.png

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_6.png

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_8.png

ecmwf-ens_z500_mslp_us_10.png

Well 06Z GFS indicating a possible "decent" severe threat for SE over next weekend.. and again later in week. I know way too early to lock anything in, but worth keeping an eye on IMO. Also, if it holds First of May looking crazy hot..(Progged 93 here) If that trends holds have title for May thread..."Meltdown May"..LOL
Happy Easter to Everyone!!!

Well 06Z GFS indicating a possible "decent" severe threat for SE over next weekend.. and again later in week. I know way too early to lock anything in, but worth keeping an eye on IMO. Also, if it holds First of May looking crazy hot..(Progged 93 here) If that trends holds have title for May thread..."Meltdown May"..LOL
6Z looked a bit nastier than 0Z. If we end up heating up in May, maybe we won't be so hot during the heat of summer later on. But then again, last year was brutal all the way through, so anything could happen.

Nah it won't be that hot. That would be unprecedented. I don't recall it ever hitting 90 degrees before May 15.

Nah it won't be that hot. That would be unprecedented. I don't recall it ever hitting 90 degrees before May 15.

If you are young enough, you might not have been old enough at the time to remember it hitting 91 on May 6th in 1996. Otherwise, going further back, it hit 91 on April 23rd in 1980. Also, there have been three days of 92-93 later in April. There have been at least 34 days of 90+ during May 1-14 going back to when April records began in 1879. With 38 days of 90+ before 5/15, it has occurred on average about once every 4 years. Oddly enough, there have been no highs of 90+ earlier than 5/22 since 1996! Considering that there have likely been close to 70 of these 90+ days before 5/22 over the last 138 years or about one every 2 years and that there have been none of these the last 20 years, ATL is way overdue for another 90+ before 5/22!!

Last edited:
Back