• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ah-choo April Discussion

I'm for sure not worried about this pattern having any legs past next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a95d9bbd7b61b2c500485bc1efa6f76c.jpg
b4c9005134525a2fc442ac836515cf52.jpg

I don't think we will be as extreme as last year but I'm not encouraged.

So ready to track hurricanes to make time fly for Fall/Winter season.

So ready to track hurricanes to make time fly for Fall/Winter season.
I don't think this year will be as bad as last year. I would say all but maybe one or two storms will miss the US, and the only landfalls would be either a weak hurricane or a tropical storm. Also, don't expect much to develop since we are looking at a potential El Nino by fall from the way it sounds.

I don't think this year will be as bad as last year. I would say all but maybe one or two storms will miss the US, and the only landfalls would be either a weak hurricane or a tropical storm. Also, don't expect much to develop since we are looking at a potential El Nino by fall from the way it sounds.
let's hope ...

I for one am a huge Hurricane season fan now. It's my second favorite season obviously behind winter . Learned a lot from some tropical freaks on previous boards . It's all Brent's fault really he got me hooked

hey, lets not rush things so fast... fall and winter geees...lol if severe weather is done for the south... which i dont think its not quite finished just yet.... then bring me the heat... love summer
Lol, i hear ya. Although im a winter fan im actually hooked myself with the hurricane season approaching. Not looking foward to the heat tho

Yikes...
Business is about to pick up again. We should have a favorable longwave pattern for severe weather by late next week, granted the threat will be focused further to the NW over traditional tornado alley as opposed to the OH valley/SE US as was the case in March.
C9OgXClXoAEQ1to.jpg

Tornado Frequency Anomaly & GWO.jpg

Im not sure what its going to take to get out of this drought. 9 or 10 counties in N GA and Upstate SC are still in an extreme drought.

I'm hopeful, especially after last season's huge impact on my area (combo of TS Hermine and H Matthew caused a huge mess that probably hasn't been seen at least since 1947 and possibly not since 1898), that this will be the case although sometimes an oncoming WEAK Nino (examples 1969 and 2004) has allowed for an active season. For those who like the thrill of a hurricane, it isn't at all worth it in your hometown. Believe me when I say this! (Actually, we like most evacuated.)

I'm hopeful, especially after last season's huge impact on my area (combo of TS Hermine and H Matthew caused a huge mess that probably hasn't been seen at least since 1947 and possibly not since 1898), that this will be the case although sometimes an oncoming WEAK Nino (examples 1969 and 2004) has allowed for an active season. For those who like the thrill of a hurricane, it isn't at all worth it in your hometown. Believe me when I say this! (Actually, we like most evacuated.)

Amen, Brother!

Back