• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations 4/8/2024 Eclipse

Yeah, this is why I never considered traveling to see it. It’s just too risky as far away as I am, and last minute travel plans will be way too expensive. You’re in a good spot, though, since you can take a day trip to see it.

Yeah I never once looked at going far away for this... It was always gonna be somewhere I could do in a day

I think around Russellville Arkansas is looking pretty good and ideally I can stay close to the interstate so I can get out of there quick 😂

Think I’m going to head to Jonesboro tomorrow. Anyone know of any good spots with wide open spaces to watch totality?

I'm still planning to be somewhere between Fort Smith and Little Rock probably. Leaving first thing in the morning. I heard Russellville has scientists from NASA and France apparently 😲

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the cloud forecast although there's still some uncertainty

I'm still planning to be somewhere between Fort Smith and Little Rock probably. Leaving first thing in the morning. I heard Russellville has scientists from NASA and France apparently 😲

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the cloud forecast although there's still some uncertainty
Tomer Burg came out with some pretty bad ass HREF maps for the event. I’m pretty optimistic! This is way too close to not take the drive so ima go. Would really like some rural landscape to watch from around Jonesboro.

Tomer Burg came out with some pretty bad ass HREF maps for the event. I’m pretty optimistic! This is way too close to not take the drive so ima go. Would really like some rural landscape to watch from around Jonesboro.

Yeah it's like I said... There was no way I was gonna sit here and watch 95 percent when it's this close... Even if there's some clouds oh well(I think we have about the best shot of clear skies of nearly anyone on the path til you get into the Northeast tbh). I mean I hope it's clear but it's better than nothing lol

Yeah it's like I said... There was no way I was gonna sit here and watch 95 percent when it's this close... Even if there's some clouds oh well(I think we have about the best shot of clear skies of nearly anyone on the path til you get into the Northeast tbh). I mean I hope it's clear but it's better than nothing lol
Yep! I never have truly been Storm chasing but tomorrow if I could have a backroad moment to view totality, I’d be satisfied.

Yep! I never have truly been Storm chasing but tomorrow if I could have a backroad moment to view totality, I’d be satisfied.

Literally the lowest probability on the entire map is in Arkansas except maybe Maine cloudcover_tle_2-mean.us_state_ar.pngcloudcover_tle_2-mean.conus.png

What really got me today is when the legend Tim Marshall said he was going to the same area I want to..

Got to our hotel north of Nashville. Still planning on going to Carbondale, Illinois in the morning and watching the full eclipse at the festival at SIU. I guess if it looks horrible can always punt and go somewhere else. But Carbondale looks just as good as anywhere else relatively

Got to our hotel north of Nashville. Still planning on going to Carbondale, Illinois in the morning and watching the full eclipse at the festival at SIU. I guess if it looks horrible can always punt and go somewhere else. But Carbondale looks just as good as anywhere else relatively

Good luck yeah high clouds may hurt us here. Well see. I don't think anywhere on this track is completely perfect but we're in better spots than most I think

That's a good sign right?

IMG20240408103917.jpg

I’m in DBQ, only gonna be 87% totality

Back