• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations 4/8/2024 Eclipse

Here ya go with the first eclipse wx forecast request. Have hotel reservations in Batesville AR for next Sunday night, April 7. Taking the grandkids to see the eclipse if the weather/clouds will cooperate. Anyone want to throw out a rough prediction on what the odds are the sky will be clear? Looks kinda iffy to me right now. Don't really want to drive 7 hours and stay overnight if the weather will cause a bust.

I'm definitely concerned about the active pattern showing up but luckily it's day 8. The GFS was trying to show a lull last night around the eclipse but who knows at this range

I will be in Indiana for the eclipse. As of now the weather calls for partly cloudy skies with temps near 70

I'm still hoping it's like the winter when it was supposed to snow a week out and never did 🤣

I mean we do have more totality here in 2045 than anyone does next week but still...

Maybe the best Euro run for the Texas to Ohio stretch. Is there hope?!
1711993965541.png

Maybe but I will never like if there's a cutoff low over the SW which is being indicated on the GFS. That is a classic unsettled pattern here. Lots of overrunning clouds and moisture usually
I was reading something on Twitter that says the GFS overdoes cloud cover a lot. Canadian/Euro usually does better. Not sure if it’s true though

I was reading something on Twitter that says the GFS overdoes cloud cover a lot. Canadian/Euro usually does better. Not sure if it’s true though

I mean we will see but it's also hard to take an op run seriously at this range. I know most of the professional people here are not very optimistic

Last edited:
0z Canadian ensemble probability of greater than 25% cloud cover IMG_7893.png

Back