• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving North equals more snow plus cooler summers and less time for bugs to be out. Sign me up.
Humidity and bugs are the 2 things i hate most about southern summers. Im sure theres plenty of both up here too but hopefully not as bad. The mosquitoes in GA last summer were out of control. I would go outside and almost immediately get attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes. Summers would be so much more enjoyable if those jerks didnt exist.

Humidity and bugs are the 2 things i hate most about southern summers. Im sure theres plenty of both up here too but hopefully not as bad. The mosquitoes in GA last summer were out of control. I would go outside and almost immediately get attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes. Summers would be so much more enjoyable if those jerks didnt exist.
Here's an invitation to do a July or August 2 week nature hike across the UP of Michigan, or along Sleeping Bear Dunes, or from Cinci to Indianapolis, and then report back ... ;)

It cant be any worse than Georgia.

Even if it is worse you don’t have to deal with it near as long. Even here where I live every bug known to man is out from late March until early October. Most winters I rarely see a bug from November to February unless we hit the 60s.Last year was an exception as we had to many days in the upper 60s during the winter which allowed some of them to come out way more often then normal.

I've never quoted her lyrics, but maybe I should temporarily make Dolores mine in memory? Of course, Happy may not like that.
Just happily find some lyrics to paraphrase or work in to a scenario, and the rest all takes care of itself ... if folks wanna bother to understand ... :)

Just happily find some lyrics to paraphrase or work in to a scenario, and the rest all takes care of itself ... if folks wanna bother to understand ... :)

I'll do this instead because I think it is her unique voice that stands out more than her lyrics. The following is a rendition of the beautiful "Ave Maria" sung by the late, great Luciano Pavarotti, who picked the very honored Dolores O'Riordan to do it with him. By the way, if anyone has any doubt about the awe and honor she felt next to him (despite her own voice, which was great in a far different way) while he was singing his part, check out the great big smile that suddenly appears on her at 2:25 soon after Luciano starts his portion:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back