Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Angus Barn has a great atmosphere, a wine cellar in full vintage, wild turkey lounge (complete bar), some great crackers-cheeses-peppers among other things to snack on prior to meal. Also, prime rib that is as good as you will get anywhere. I do give you this, the Texas Roadhouse is the best chain steakhouse out there.
Need Jimmy Hypocrasy to back me up, but I’d put the Peddlar steakhouse, on Poinsette Highway, up against any steakhouse in the GSP area!

The Angus Barn has a great atmosphere, a wine cellar in full vintage, wild turkey lounge (complete bar), some great crackers-cheeses-peppers among other things to snack on prior to meal. Also, prime rib that is as good as you will get anywhere. I do give you this, the Texas Roadhouse is the best chain steakhouse out there.

I had the prime rib. It was good. It's just that I have had some just as good for half the price. I just don't get why the prices there are so high. Seems like you are just paying more for the name.

Reactions: Avalanche
I had the prime rib. It was good. It's just that I have had some just as good for half the price. I just don't get why the prices there are so high. Seems like you are just paying more for the name.
I agree the price (for the entrée) is high. I look at it like this, when I go, I'm there for a few hours with friends at the bar (wild turkey lounge), and I get reasonably priced drinks while I eat all the cheese/crackers/peppers/etc. All in all, if I'm going to grab a meal with my wife and kids, Id rather go Texas Roadhouse or similar restaurant and save the money. But if I'm making a night of it with my wife and friends, and know ahead that I'm going to socialize as well as drink a few, I usually find the Angus Barn more favorable.

No wrong or right, the Angus Barn is nice if you plan on that being your sole entertainment for the night and you are going with some friends. But if you are going to a movie or some other form of fun, and just view dinner as being dinner and nothing else, then save the dough and eat at the chain steakhouses. Plus, I do enjoy the warm-up peanuts at the Texas Roadhouse.

I did the chophouse in Greensboro, and Ruth Chris in Durham, and boy, they will thin your wallet fast. Terrific steak, but I'm on a top-round ground beef salary. LOL. So they won't see me again. I guess they all have their place as I've done them all. Man am I hungry!!!

Rain rant. It seems like in times past when we've had a moisture feed like we've had lately, and it being this time of year with the heat, we've received a lot more rain. Not sure why we have seemed to come up empty lately. I guess low level moisture provides early in the morning cloud cover, which reduces instability. Some met can explain this, but I've seen widely scattered thunderstorms from a western flow provide more rain than this southeast flow has. Maybe the western flow provides more sun, more heat, thus stronger storms? I don't know. But this current SE flow that we've had just didn't seem to have any lift or mechanism to trigger storms, other than the moisture itself.

You missed the point altogether! Big Pharmaceutical companies control everything, and they are the problem!

My daughters Flovent inhaler for Asthma is around $180 a month, her Flonase for allergies is $7. They are the exact same medicine, yet one is configured to get down in your chest. Amazing how much extra money is required to put it in an inhaler. An albuterol inhaler is also around $180 for a month supply while the same medicine except more powerful for her nebulizer is $10.

While my insurance company is partly to blame, you can't tell me someone can't make a generic of an inhaler with the same common medicine used.

Reactions: Rosie and Tarheel1
My daughters Flovent inhaler for Asthma is around $180 a month, her Flonase for allergies is $7. They are the exact same medicine, yet one is configured to get down in your chest. Amazing how much extra money is required to put it in an inhaler. An albuterol inhaler is also around $180 for a month supply while the same medicine except more powerful for her nebulizer is $10.

While my insurance company is partly to blame, you can't tell me someone can't make a generic of an inhaler with the same common medicine used.
Yeah man, that sucks! There can always BE a generic, but I believe when big pharma companies are awarde the patent for a drug, they get copyright protection for 5–10 years or so! So they get all their and then some, before the more affordable, generic is allowed to be made or sold!

I'd go with Outback every day. Longhorn is good too. Texas Roadhouse is good also, but Outback is my fav!

Came to Atlanta for a Braves game. Atlanta traffic is just ridiculous. Wouldn’t live here if you paid me. Too many people. Bring back the 90’s. Go Braves!

Status
Not open for further replies.