• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the news here was just talking about el nino and higher snow chances in the midst of this heat wave now that's what I'm talking about :weenie:
Likely for your area, but I have yet to see an El Nino produce here something good. Probably going to be a painful winter after last winter being so good. I expect above normal here with lots of rain and some snow showers every once in awhile that don't amount to much.

Likely for your area, but I have yet to see an El Nino produce here something good. Probably going to be a painful winter after last winter being so good. I expect above normal here with lots of rain and some snow showers every once in awhile that don't amount to much.
It’s all relative , I had one measurable snow of about 2”. So was about 30% of normal. Being missed to the South by winter storms is a bitter pill to swallow and to have 3 or 4 in one season , was tough! I have high hopes for a weak Niño, if it’s Midoki, probably even better!

yeah, last winter was painful for us(snow everywhere else)... so I guess we're due lol

I'm honestly hoping for another 2014.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
Dear Lord... PLEASE not another 2014. It literally snowed EVERYWHERE BUT NASHVILLE that winter. I still have nightmares over that winter. I'll gladly, however, take a winter similar to that one except this time, Nashville gets included in the winter weather fun.

Dear Lord... PLEASE not another 2014. It literally snowed EVERYWHERE BUT NASHVILLE that winter. I still have nightmares over that winter. I'll gladly, however, take a winter similar to that one except this time, Nashville gets included in the winter weather fun.
Not "literally" if present company counts ... LOL

major tornado in Iowa, looks pretty high end, apparently hit a Vermeer plant while a conference was going on

I wonder if this will be one of those years where we continue to see an anomalous active pattern as we approach and get into the fall season, or if we'll see the typical drying out as we get into the August - October.

Hey, can someone pop over to the severe threat for July 20. We are getting all kinds of heads up about a possible derecho event. The last time we had one here I had house guest for 5 days. We were the only ones with power. Sorry to hear Webberweather53 has had medical problems. I am praying for you. On May 27th, the Sunday before Memorial Day, we decided to have our holiday early. As my husband would tell you, at 11:50 am someone hit him in the head with a baseball bat while BBQing. It took several hours for us to physicallly, it took 5 male family members, to get him in the car and to the hospital. I was the only person he knew. We were only at the ER about 20 minutes before the doctor told me he was bleeding on the left side of his brain. 2 weeks of hospital and several weeks of resting at home, and they guy is back at both jobs. Other than occasional memory lapses he is back to normal. I call him a miracle guy. He is making arrangements to pull back on hours and slow down. It might not have scared him to death but it sure did me. So I can understand a medical event changing your life. Many prayers for you, buddy.

2014 was a decent year, unless you got stuck in the Snowjam traffic in Atlanta of course.

2014 was fun for me. I lived in the Triad in NC and we just got pounded from late January to the beginning of March. If only we can get that to repeat in the Northern Atlanta suburbs this upcoming winter.

So for the month of August, can we go for "August Rush"? That way we can fly thru the month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back