• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy, just an FYI, Lowe’s Simpsonville has 3 gallon Arizona Blue Cypress for 18$

It's painfully obvious the Celtics have virtually no chance of winning a game at Cleveland. The ONLY chance Boston has is to sweep the home games.

Crazy Braves comeback in the 9th... down 9-4 and come out winning 10-9... This team is for real. 11 games over .500 now.

3rd time in Florida last weekend, first time being in South Florida, my dad was surprised when he realized that 75 goes straight through Payne's Prairie. (Wait a minute, what is this? This is a nice, open prairie like area....oh alright! Payne's Prairie! I've always wanted to go here!)

We ate lunch...in Gainesville and all of us had Georgia stuff on and I was smiling ear to ear and giggling some before we sat down.

I think the next time we head down that way (and it's going to happen more often due to family reasons) we're going to Payne's Prairie lol.

Continuing from the post in the weather thread...we also went to the Okefenokee Swamp on our trip to try it again. When we were driving to what we were going to in it, we saw a couple alligators. I wanted to take a picture of them on my phone (my dad got a good picture of them with his close up camera) but my parents both told me to stop walking toward the alligators.

Right move but the weird thing is, I wasn't scared of getting attacked. But then when we were on our way back out to get ready to finish our drive down to SW Florida, a bug got in our vehicle and I was completely freaked out and scared to death until we got them out of the car.

3rd time in Florida last weekend, first time being in South Florida, my dad was surprised when he realized that 75 goes straight through Payne's Prairie. (Wait a minute, what is this? This is a nice, open prairie like area....oh alright! Payne's Prairie! I've always wanted to go here!)

We ate lunch...in Gainesville and all of us had Georgia stuff on and I was smiling ear to ear and giggling some before we sat down.

I think the next time we head down that way (and it's going to happen more often due to family reasons) we're going to Payne's Prairie lol.

Gainesville, FL, has some really great parks and PP is one of them. You wouldn't know you were within 5 miles of the southern part of town. I took a great walk taking in the flora and fauna on a path that lead out to the prairie, itself. The ~20 foot drop was memorable. This one ended at a lookout tower. Warning: look out for the wasps at the tower. They didn't bother me though.
Trivia: PP was a lake with ferries taking one across it at least for a time in the late 1800s! Phil, didn't it flood again last summer?

The east winner will win the Stanley cup

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Are you sure about that? I mean Tampa is legit, I was surprised they dropped the first two to Washington. All three teams I pull for lost in the second round, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Nashville. I loathe Washington and Tampa, and Winnipeg are the old Thrashers.

Gainesville, FL, has some really great parks and PP is one of them. You wouldn't know you were within 5 miles of the southern part of town. I took a great walk taking in the flora and fauna on a path that lead out to the prairie, itself. The ~20 foot drop was memorable. This one ended at a lookout tower. Warning: look out for the wasps at the tower. They didn't bother me though.
Trivia: PP was a lake with ferries taking one across it at least for a time in the late 1800s! Phil, didn't it flood again last summer?

Even going more often will likely mean twice a year. If we can arrange it to where we can, we probably will go about Thanksgiving. If not, next late spring.

Not word for word, but my dad was also talking about (he tends to hate on a lot of development) that a lot of Florida doesn't seem to live up to the rep of it being very developed.

Really? One of the few years I don't plant a vegetable garden and I get daily showers. Now I'm very much regretting not having one.

You should look into setting up an automatic irrigation system. Really makes a vegetable garden easy mode. Ours are in tall raised beds that drain well and the irrigation is fed from a rain barrel.
Also, the heat index that past Sunday at my house was near 110. Ugh.

Yes - in fact 441 across PP just reopened to 4 lanes a couple weeks ago, as a result of Irma - the water is just now receding (but all of this recent rain may close it down again).
Most assuredly, you don't want to go to the Prairie this time of year (and especially after Tony sees his swarms of 'skeeters) until after the 1st real good cool spell in the fall ...

Last edited:
Can we start a thread for "Inconsequential IMBY Reports" so that reading weather isn't an encyclopedic zip code, hour-by-hour, wade-through, blow-by-blow set of reports that only the squirrels and chipmunks in someone's particular back yard care about?

Understanding this does not make friends ... nevertheless ... :mad:

Last edited:
Can we start a thread for "Inconsequential IMBY Reports" so that reading weather isn't an encyclopedic zip code, hour-by-hour, wade-through, blow-by-blow set of reports that only the squirrels and chipmunks in someone's particular back yard cares about?

Understanding this does not make friends ... nevertheless ... :mad:
I created a thread for the general event for the rest of the month. Probably going to be crazy amounts anyway when the tropical low comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back