• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Fab Feb still on? Just still 15 days away? I guess it will rock after Valentine's Day ! Unless it gets pushed back a little further! :(
I think most of the upper part of the region (TN, NC, perhaps far north AL, GA) will get another winter weather event before winter succumbs to Spring. To what extent or how major, however, is another question.

Marginal temps and 5 rain threats the next 10 days! Sounds fun and all, can't wait to watch this train wreck unfold!

If you don't like it go find a new hobby

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
damn, I started to think I was on another board after reading posts like this
Yeh, they're lots of passive aggressive comments made on here which are borderline rude if you ask me. Lots of keyboard cowboys. I don't say much anymore, just sort of read and learn.

damn, I started to think I was on another board after reading posts like this
Oh please , it's the same few that post trolling posts saying the same B.S. over and over . Adds nothing to the discussion. If you think this board is like the other place you clearly don't follow along

Yeh, they're lots passive aggressive comments made on here which are borderline rude if you ask me. Lots of keyboard cowboys. I don't say much anymore, just sort of read and learn.
Some people aren't learning,and I wish they would. It would be nice to read the board and not have to deal with trolling comments and people who just want to look cool, but look the opposite.

Go ride that train off the cliff, I'm sure you'll jump off when a real wintry threat emerges.
This is the banter thread, correct? Anything goes basically! I am riding the poo choo train, please tell me about all the snow you get in Feb when all is said and done

Sometimes that pretty green tag goes to peoples heads

I'm just patiently waiting for something here in the Columbia, SC region. I've said for the past few years, I'll be happy with a inch of snow. But Mother Nature hasn't thrown any bones since 2014 around this area. The county I live in hasn't been under a WSW in almost 4 years. Clinging to hope for February, 2nd week of the month is a favored time period as of late.

Sometimes that pretty green tag goes to peoples heads
Haha yeah a green tag for a WEATHER BOARD goes to people's heads . Please

It's actually hell on earth running a board. Nothing fun about it with all the backroom BS

So is Fab Feb still on? Just still 15 days away? I guess it will rock after Valentine's Day ! Unless it gets pushed back a little further! :(

Marginal temps and 5 rain threats the next 10 days! Sounds fun and all, can't wait to watch this train wreck unfold!

Really, why do you come here? Is it that much fun to be a troll with the negative and sarcastic comments all the time?

Shawn,
Why are you assessing the entire month based on one map from one not so good model? Even if it were to be right, 567 dm is very near normal for Feb. and nowhere near a torch. Furthermore, considering the above normal H5 progged for the first week, that's not bad at all. In addition, I see the 2m prog is near normal. That's also not bad. Feb will probably consist of a lot of ups and downs, which may very well average near normal. That sure is way, way better than last year's Feb torch and might give you a shot during one of the colder periods. Now, if we actually do get a solid +PNA/-AO along with slow moving weak phases 7-8-1-2 starting week 2, then weeks 2-3 may give you your best shot, which is a Gulf low that then crosses central FL.
Ugh, last February was a horrible horrible nightmare as was the whole winter. Day after day of spring like temps with a one day cold shot and gone by the next. I honestly didn’t know it was possible to get that warm for that long in winter. I was literally looking at areas up north to move to by the end of last winter. I always do look at houses up north kinda half for fun half serious as it’s cool to see all the snow covered houses for sale. But last year I was very close and another bad winter away from pulling the trigger. I’ve seen some people say it’s ridiculous to move north just because you like snow, but I see no problem with it as long as you can afford it and aren’t displacing your family and kids for your own selfish reasons. I have no kids and I live far enough north to get a week or two of winter weather that mimics up north. I love the freezing cold and I’m always bummed to see it exit so I know I would not mind it for longer periods that the north experiences. Most likely I would end up in northern Ohio but not to far northeast as I’d want to avoid the really heavy lake effect type snow.

Ugh, last February was a horrible horrible nightmare as was the whole winter. Day after day of spring like temps with a one day cold shot and gone by the next. I honestly didn’t know it was possible to get that warm for that long in winter. I was literally looking at areas up north to move to by the end of last winter. I always do look at houses up north kinda half for fun half serious as it’s cool to see all the snow covered houses for sale. But last year I was very close and another bad winter away from pulling the trigger. I’ve seen some people say it’s ridiculous to move north just because you like snow, but I see no problem with it as long as you can afford it and aren’t displacing your family and kids for your own selfish reasons. I have no kids and I live far enough north to get a week or two of winter weather that mimics up north. I love the freezing cold and I’m always bummed to see it exit so I know I would not mind it for longer periods that the north experiences. Most likely I would end up in northern Ohio but not to far northeast as I’d want to avoid the really heavy lake effect type snow.
Yeah, last year was terrible for everyone who didn't get snow in that one event, but even after that, it was horrible for everyone. Never want that to happen again, and I think the idea of last year is in everyone's head this year. I think that was a rare exception seeing temps that high for that long.

come on Brick, someone has to balance out your constant wish-casting in the land of puppies and rainbows.
Trolling and petty jabs ins't balancing. It's more of throwing an elephant onto a scale against a fly. Trolling affects the entire board and isn't tolerated. For a balancing out, I'd compare it to pessimism for not getting any snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back