• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people in N AL., for the second year in a row, that saw no snow or very little as we watched a storm move just to our south. Some of these comments are pretty irritating
Well those people to your south 90% of the time watch y’all get snow while they get nothing. Sometimes you have to share

Dropping my one-time venting...

Been sweating storm after storm in Cumming, GA for the last many years, mostly resulting in disappointment but still fun to track. This week my company took us on a 2-night holiday party trip - leaving Thursday morning and returning tonight...

So the single day I was out of town delivered a generational snowstorm IMBY, and it is already starting to melt!

There are people in N AL., for the second year in a row, that saw no snow or very little as we watched a storm move just to our south. Some of these comments are pretty irritating

hey I understand totally... its been nearly 3 years here since I've seen a good snow and I'm annoyed and sarcastic at what happened to the south and southeast here yesterday too... but so many times we got snow and they didn't and its December 9th. I don't even consider winter to have really started yet and there's plenty of time left for us

It's definitely simultaneously frustrating and annoying that not everyone on this board got snow. However, that's virtually impossible given the wide range in geography present. I've recorded .5 inches of snow since the conclusion of the February 12, 2010 event and it constantly just seems like that my area is one that is on a cycle of not receiving snow despite being further north than areas that have gotten pounded lately. We can all hope that eventually we will be the ones on the receiving end and the law of averages says that the pendulum will eventually shift.

It's definitely simultaneously frustrating and annoying that not everyone on this board got snow. However, that's virtually impossible given the wide range in geography present. I've recorded .5 inches of snow since the conclusion of the February 12, 2010 event and it constantly just seems like that my area is one that is on a cycle of not receiving snow despite being further north than areas that have gotten pounded lately. We can all hope that eventually we will be the ones on the receiving end and the law of averages says that the pendulum will eventually shift.
The snow dome

I’m thinking of calling a warm nose named snow killer. What do you think?

Anyone else on this forum knows what it's like to watch winter storms dance around your area all winter long, while your location just can't buy one? In other words, a winter in which it's basically like you're under a dome? It happened in my location (Nashville) in winter 2008-09 and 2013-14. I imagine everyone in this region has experienced the dreaded snow hole.

Up north I dont think it matters as much, but for those of us in the deep south the further west you are the better in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back