• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Randy being a black person far out on one end of the political spectrum and you being a black person with much different political positions from him in general, it meant there was never a chance he'd like you despite you being an intelligent poster. Odd as it may sound, I really do think his hatred of you is more intense because you're a fellow black person with far different views as if that is evil or something! A sad but true litmus test there to be a member of the "club". I think another reason he treats you disrespectfully is because you're half his age. So, he treats you as an ignorant kid.

The admins and most mods there treat their BB as if it were some great privilege to be a member of as opposed to respecting its members' contributions as being vital to a quality BB. It is much worse for those with opposing political views though I'm not just talking about the political forum. I think one of the problems is that it got too big making them think they're invincible and way better than anything else.

Contrast Randy and company over there with storm5, sd, Dustin, Shawn, whatalife, Forsyth, metwannabe, and the other staff here. Like night and day!

Yeah, after being five-posted from the political board for a misunderstanding I'm starting to really like this community more and more, it has a really tight-knit feel and I hope this site becomes prosperous in the future but not too big to where it's overwhelming.

Anyway, Spectrum is supposed to be dropping Viacom and it's channels tonight. My mom called them and said that if they do then we would switch to another provider.

I heard about that too. I heard that a lot customers would switch providers too.

Adults need to act like adults, not children. It is fine if someone has a differing opinion from you, you shouldn't get mad about it. Hotly debate it but don't be a baby and quit over it.

Hotly debate it but without resorting to juvenile name calling. Once someone does that, you know that they're probably losing the debate.

as we near the colder weather period, i want to explain something, i looked at becoming a meteorologist but decided against it because nobody can forecast the weather better than about 65% accuracy and i didnt want to be wrong so often in my chosen pursuit, i have the utmost respect for all of the weather forecasters because i appreciate their efforts in the face of the odds against them........that is why i oppose the bashing of any forecaster, most all of them are giving an honest effort and their best opinion, that said clearly some do nothing but spew whatever their favorite models says and make no real effort, that is just a comment of what i observe not directed at any forecaster........is my attitude on this wrong in some way please?

NC State leading the Atlantic Division at 4-0, 6-1 overall, the reciprocal of another nearby team. :) 16 in the AP. Hello!

The case can be made they are the best ACC team
... and the case can be (and maybe has been) made that the Gators suck and that 'Bama is perhaps the best in the country ... followed closely by GA ... Atlanta looks like it could see a whale of a game in December ...

Last edited:
The case can be made they are the best ACC team

I am not brave enough to make that case! I'd put the U and Clemp's son and prolly VPI ahead of us. But I'm loving it anyway!

Welcome back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! It's starting to be that time of year where we're all gearing up for the warm winter ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back