• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FinishedSplendidGemsbok

The worse (worst) 'skeeters ever are found on the UP of Michigan (unless you go salmon fishing in Alaska) ... it's not just a southern thing ... :cool: ... now palmetto bugs and chiggers ... we got 'em covered ... :confused:
I've heard that about the northern tier. My neighbors are from Minnesota, and they tell stories all the time about the skeeters, flies (including biting flies), etc. up there. NO THANKS! And no thanks to palmettos, either. ;) :eek:

Roy Moore wins the GOP primary runoff in AL. Thoughts ?
Strange couldn't win because of his association with ousted governor Robert Bentley (aka Luv Gov), and also all the 'paid for by the Republican leadership fund (aka Mitch McConnell)' attack ads that were run leading up to the election.

Edit: My choice was eliminated in the primary election.

Last edited:
I predict 0" for everyone

Since it always does the opposite of what I predict :p
I'll raise you one then - I'll predict we have to give back the little bit from the last couple of years ... since I bust a lot worse than you typically!

Just in time for this upcoming blockbuster winter, they have changed how they issue some watches and warnings from the NWS! Freezing rain advisory, will now simply be a winter weather advisory, and the freezing rain aspect, discussed in the text. Same for like lake effect snow advisory, and a few others we rarely deal with in the south!

I've heard that about the northern tier. My neighbors are from Minnesota, and they tell stories all the time about the skeeters, flies (including biting flies), etc. up there. NO THANKS! And no thanks to palmettos, either. ;) :eek:
I cant imagine skeeters being worse in MN than in the south, especially considering skeeters love warm weather and thats not really a warm climate up there.

I cant imagine skeeters being worse in MN than in the south, especially considering skeeters love warm weather and thats not really a warm climate up there.
Go to the upper mid-west around the lakes, from June to September, especially the UP, with no "Off" and PM me in 24 hours ... I'll FedEx you an emergency supply ...

But at least they dont have to deal with skeeters as long as we do ;)
... and they are guaranteed snow ... ;)

... but they talk so damn funny and eat such weird food ... there's trade-offs in life, everywhere, I suppose ... personally, deep down south is God's country, and I wouldn't trade it for anything - including our own variety of 'skeeters and palmetto bugs ... :cool: (and corn bread and grits and BBQ and collards and ...) :p

Last edited:
... and they are guaranteed snow ... ;)

... but they talk so damn funny and eat such weird food ... there's trade-offs in life, everywhere, I suppose ... personally, deep down south is God's country, and I wouldn't trade it for anything - including our own variety of 'skeeters and palmetto bugs ... :cool: (and corn bread and grits and BBQ and collards and ...) :p
yeah but you live in FL, which is basically the north.

I look at those rankings that come out showing the best and worst states ( and happiest states ) to live in and just about every year the best states are in the north, particularly New England and states like MN and ND. Southern states always come in dead last.

I look at those rankings that come out showing the best and worst states ( and happiest states ) to live in and just about every year the best states are in the north, particularly New England and states like MN and ND. Southern states always come in dead last.

yet more and more people keep moving to the south... look at the fastest growing states

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back