• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Your Grade for Winter 2016 - 2017

D. It could of been better if there was more snow than ice in January and not a constant torch last month. Hoping next winter is a lot better.

Grade: C
The January storm got me very near climo. Saw low temperatures around zero. That being said, the winter as a whole was extremely bad for the eastern half of the country. The fact that it was so overwhelmingly warm for the majority of the season caused the decent-looking winter outlooks by many to bust badly. Also, we saw several potential fantasy storms go belly up. Biased GFS caused wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited:
A+

It was a great winter as far as getting outside and enjoying it. If it will not snow then let it be like this year. There also wasn't any heartbreakers which is a plus. I love snow and will endure bone chilling cold to get it, but I'd much much rather not get any and have a warm winter than get 40s with lots of rain and no chance of snow.

B

I love to get a couple of big snows, but if it won't snow, might as well be warmish. I do NOT like bone chilling cold, so it's nice we didn't get any of that.

F- without a doubt but obviously I checked off F because that's the lowest option. I've seen snow fall 3 times this whole winter with one dusting. I don't remember any winter in the other 9 I've experienced up here having any less then at least 10 days of seeing snow fall and multiple days of at least dusting- 1 inch events. And the warmth is what really caused me to grade with an F-. I had no idea it was possible to be this warm For this long during the winter. Next winter will most likely easily get a C+ at worst because there's no way it can be anywhere close to as horrible as this winter has been.

I gave it a B, partially because of the Jan 5th-7th Snow Event and it remaining on the ground for quiet a few days. Winters low temperature was recorded that weekend at 10 degrees with snow, sleet and ice on the ground. If it wasn't for that, it would of still been a B simply because while it was warm it also made it enjoyable and allowed for outdoor activities in the depths of winter. Pretty damn good win win honestly... snow/briefly cold and then enjoyable. That doesn't happen often. I enjoyed it. I hope more folks also got out and enjoyed it instead of remaining angry over models, difference of opinion and broken hearts over a non-cold winter. It was what it was, all we can do is enjoy and appreciate it! This is exactly why I didn't post this much anywhere this season, seemed like every time you logged on everyone was at war with everyone lmao!!! Not as bad here though as other places... LORT! :D

I'm very picky compared to some of you. If I can't see snow, that's fine and all by me, but I'd prefer to not absolutely torch. If I could see low to mid 60s in January if I can't see snow, that'd be perfect....

I saw endless 70+ degree days after the cold snap...

Basically the weather I have now (for the last two days) is the kind of weather I wanted to see in January instead of the absolute torch lol...

F, although I mistakenly voted for D. Nothing has gone right this winter.

We got a winter weather event, but it was a bust because of the ice and no snow. And then we torched. And torched. And torched some more. We finished by torching.

I bet some people will be changing their vote after sundays snow. Or maybe not since its not meteorological winter ?

Well, I got a total of 9 inches of snow but the winter was a torch. I gave it a "D" because of the lack of any sustained cold.

Back