Work from home

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
100% work from home as I work for an enterprise software company out of California. My closest office I think is in DC (never been there). I have not been in an office regularly since 2019 ish. I enjoy it, but it can be a bit bland. There are often weeks where I honestly do not leave the house for anything else other than groceries and to go fishing on the weekend. My wife works at a college and is in office Mon-Fri and by the weekend she wants to just hang around the house while I'm ready to get out and do something.

Been 100% remote since 2021 working for a tech startup based out of San Francisco. The closest office is NYC which I haven't been to. I love WFH but I definitely notice I can be a bit antsy for when my partner gets home. I've found I have to be more purposeful about planning to get out and see friends because otherwise I'm not getting a normal amount of social interaction.

Ive worked from home since 2021 too, my job is tech support but its all outbound calls done by appointment. I work 8-5P and I hav6 appointment blocks a day

1. 830-930
2. 10-11

3. 12-1
4. 130-230
5. 245-345
6. 4-5P

Rarely does it take the entire hour block. Life could be worse, I mostly just do house chores or play video games or my school work for my degree. I have noticed weight gain and social isolation as well. But my wife is here daily too at some point as she only works PRN doing Ultrasounds

I’m a project manager for an engineering firm and spend about 75% of my time on office work and 25% on jobsites. We were given the option at the beginning of the pandemic to work from home. I chose to do so for a few months, while most chose to stay at the office. I returned to the office around June 2021 and have predominantly worked from the office since.

I carry a laptop to and from work, with monitors I hook into at the office and an extra monitor at home as well, so I can still work from home when I choose to due to a busy schedule in the field, bad weather, etc.

I don’t feel that working from home has much impact on my productivity, but getting on to the work servers can be a bit laggy when doing so from home. I also communicate a good bit with my manager about issues in the field, so that is a little easier to do in the office rather than over the phone or via email.

I’ve worked 5-7 days a week my whole life! Guess when you are in the manual labor markets and do non - degree required stuff, they really don’t care about employees safety! Luckily or un luckily, I was never given off one day for Covid safety, through the whole thing! 🥲

Reactions: KyloG and Bham 99
I've been working from home since Covid started. Rumor and hearsay in my company they wanted everyone to come back into the office end of 2022 but some reason held off. I was told they were scared too many people would jump ship and find other employment. End of 2023 they implemented a new remote work policy we had to sign off on. One of the new rules I thought was funny was you had to turn your camera on during video conferences/meetings.

We did work from home for a couple of months at peak Covid but being in construction it could never last. Someone has to be on-site but as a PM I could be more hybrid. I probably spend 2/3 of my time in the field and the rest at the office. I’ve been here for almost two decades so I can work from home if needed but it’s hard to do in this line of work.