• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I could have sworn the RDU area entirely has had a big storm in my time observing weather which is strange since we've had 2 6+ storms since 2011
From Wake Forest to Downtown including the airport to Sanford and west yeah they've crushed it. East of US1 its been meager scraps the wake county gradient is real and its mean

I could have sworn the RDU area entirely has had a big storm in my time observing weather which is strange since we've had 2 6+ storms since 2011

Everyone outside of NC thinks the same thing. The Northwestern half of NC is like a whole different climate with regards to snowfall than the Southeastern half. Even when RDU gets a good storm, I'm usually watching cold rain fall and I'm only about 20 miles SE of RDU. Like SD said, that gradient is real.

Edit: @Jimmy Hypocracy probably gets more snow than me, lol. ;)

Last edited:
From Wake Forest to Downtown including the airport to Sanford and west yeah they've crushed it. East of US1 its been meager scraps the wake county gradient is real and its mean
I see it in Durham County as well. It isnt as dramatic as Wake but I can definitely see a difference between campus and our house about which is about 9 miles as the crow flies.

Regardless of the outcome, at least we have something to talk about and be somewhat excited about. This is by far the most exciting event of the winter, even if it never happens.

Hate to say it, but looking like models are correcting to the Climo areas of NE GA/TN/NC Mountains.

I would like to introduce a new weather index called the Brickdex! This index is state of the art groundbreaking patented science! It’s all the rage for meteorologists . This check list index will guarantee you snow when all checks are made! I’ll run it for this upcoming threat

✅70s a few days before
✅ Models lose storm a few days before, and find it again
✅ Models can’t be trusted more than 24 hours out
? Models show snow over wake forest

Unfortunately we have only checked off 3 of the 4 index tools which warrants a “ more likely to get a severe storm warning than a winter storm advisory these days “

I would like to introduce a new weather index called the Brickdex! This index is state of the art groundbreaking patented science! It’s all the rage for meteorologists . This check list index will guarantee you snow when all checks are made! I’ll run it for this upcoming threat

✅70s a few days before
✅ Models lose storm a few days before, and find it again
✅ Models can’t be trusted more than 24 hours out
? Models show snow over wake forest

Unfortunately we have only checked off 3 of the 4 index tools which warrants a “ more likely to get a severe storm warning than a winter storm advisory these days “

I get more snow on the bottom of my $5000 alligator shoes than you do at your whole house!

Back