• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Weather Software

NWMSGuy

Reaction score
Looking to possibly purchase some weather software for the computer and wanting some feedback from other members on what they prefer using. I see software such as WSV3, Weather Defender, Interwarn, GREarth, GR Level 3 etc coming up in google searches, any thoughts on these? Also, preferences for EURO Data.

Thanks!

Looking to possibly purchase some weather software for the computer and wanting some feedback from other members on what they prefer using. I see software such as WSV3, Weather Defender, Interwarn, GREarth, GR Level 3 etc coming up in google searches, any thoughts on these? Also, preferences for EURO Data.

Thanks!
I like WSV a lot.

http://wx.graphics/ for Euro

Thanks!

On a premium side, for Euro data, you have eurowx.com (i dont use, not sure but they offer a trial) and weatherbell along with the free source from weather.us / wx.graphics.

On the software side:
GRLevel is the standard for storm chasers & radar.
WSV is new but promising.
GRearth is like GrLevel with a lot more stuff but it requires a monthly subscription to AllisonHouse.

I have searched high and low, and installed the majority of the power weather applications, and outside GRLEVEL and hopefully WSV, the weather software market is extremely lacking of quality products.

On a premium side, for Euro data, you have eurowx.com (i dont use, not sure but they offer a trial) and weatherbell along with the free source from weather.us / wx.graphics.

On the software side:
GRLevel is the standard for storm chasers & radar.
WSV is new but promising.
GRearth is like GrLevel with a lot more stuff but it requires a monthly subscription to AllisonHouse.

I have searched high and low, and installed the majority of the power weather applications, and outside GRLEVEL and hopefully WSV, the weather software market is extremely lacking of quality products.
Thanks for the response! Recently have signed up with WeatherBell and although the navigation is somewhat confusing to me, enjoying it so far. WSV is next on my list. :]

Thanks for the response! Recently have signed up with WeatherBell and although the navigation is somewhat confusing to me, enjoying it so far. WSV is next on my list. :]

Yeah, at the time, Ryan had modified a wordpress template I believe, and just started getting everything he could on there. I always complained to him about that god-awful navigation, haha. Looks like Weatherbell have no interest in making it nicer, either, even after he moved on to the weather.us brand.

Yeah, I kinda figured that out after recently sending a message to support about a glitch with their site on my end. ...no response LOL

I use the following that I have either purchased or subscribe to:
GR2A
GR3
Weatherbell
Weathermodels.com
Allisonhouse
and of course stuff from all kinds of websites including my own. :) I also use Weather Message for all of my automated watches/warnings/alerts/etc that go out by email/Facebook/Twitter.

Not sure why you're having issues with GR3 though. What version are you using?

Resurrection from the dead

BEST overall PC software....
Radar Omega
GRLEVEL X
Radarscope
WSV3

Thanks everyone!

Curious on why you prefer Radar Omega vs Radarscope, I run the Pro Tier 2 from Radarscope for 100 a year but open to switching if the feature set is still there, or more, given cost. I did not know GR was still around, 15 plus years ago I thought I was a rockstar with L3 and then L2.

Winter season I pickup wxbell as I am chasing.

GRLEVEL is still the preferred app for storm chasers when it comes to the whole laptop setup etc from what I understand.

It's still getting updates also. WSV3 is awesome and all, but it's just not simple. It's a nightmare user interface wise. and it's a bit "too pretty".

Back