• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Mindy

Mindy?

Updated: Satellite and radar data indicate that shower and
thunderstorm activity continues to gradually become better organized
in association with an area of low pressure located about 115 miles
southwest of Apalachicola, Florida. In addition, satellite-derived
wind data indicate that the circulation has become somewhat better
defined today. If these development trends continue, advisories will
likely be initiated on this system as a tropical depression or
tropical storm later this afternoon, and tropical storm warnings
could be required for portions of the coast of the Florida
Panhandle.
I guess recon is out of the question at this point. Is it just me or does it seem that NHC loves to name systems that don't need naming and drop the ball on those that could actually be a problem (although if this develops it will be weak but still)

Had “Mindy” developed a day sooner and moved quicker n/e it could have pulled Larry into New England. Thankfully that’s not the case instead slow mover and development has been ------ over the past day and will only bring low grade tropical storm impacts with flash flooding and tornadoes to Florida to maybe Myrtle Beach?

How do I get buoy data with air pressure in mb like in the Twitter link Henry2326 posted? Thanks in advance.

Mindy!

TROPICAL STORM MINDY FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 1
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL132021
2100 UTC WED SEP 08 2021

CHANGES IN WATCHES AND WARNINGS WITH THIS ADVISORY...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE COAST OF THE
FLORIDA PANHANDLE FROM MEXICO BEACH TO STEINHATCHEE RIVER.

Thanks, Wild Weather, but what do I do to see a buoy's pressure *in mb*?
Once you select a buoy, just click on "view details". Keep in mind, many in the gulf are not fully operational and others simply give wave and water temp for example.

Once you select a buoy, just click on "view details". Keep in mind, many in the gulf are not fully operational and others simply give wave and water temp for example.

I can view the details with air pressure in inches. There's a drop-down box to convert to metric, but it doesn't apply to air pressure. I can convert via Google, but would prefer to just look at the data in millibars directly. Maybe someone will know how the graph in the Tweet was made.

Back