• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Danny

Mid level and LLC completely separated. Mid level rotation over East Central GA and a lingering low level swirl just NW of the Grays, SC (KCHS) at 10:55pm.
Doppler radar estimates up to 8inches in extreme Southern SC. Actual measured report of 5.42" in Effingham County GA with several reported destructive lightning strikes

You may see several inches of rain under that band impressive on radar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t quite get several inches but I did get over an inch of rain (~1.5"). The most notable thing was the large amount of CTG lightning. I can’t recall a TS ever giving me that much. And the winds were mostly light. That makes sense as I was south of the LLC path, where winds were coming off the land. But that side was also much wetter.

It has been an unusually busy June here tropically with the gusty SW winds into the 40s from the outskirts of Claudette due to a pinched gradient and now the rain/CTG from Danny.

Last edited:
Didn’t expect this much rain from Danny. Lots of lightning as well. Very much like a MCS. Of course it occurs right after I scrape the driveway for the first time in three years.

Reactions: SD
Back