• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Don

I remember when some people said Don wouldn't come til August lol

BTW EPAC Is two storms away from Hillary with multiple areas with a chance... wouldn't it be something to see both active at the same time? lol

The recon is going to investigate if this has a closed circulation. They are leaving in 34 minutes.

rb-animated.gif
rb-animated.gif
rb-animated.gif

What a strange storm. Blew up and I didn't know what was going on until I briefly saw it had dissipated. How did the models do over the last 4 days btw?

GFS, while being the first to show genesis, was way overblown, the ECMWF, in spite of being the global model that's most capable of resolving small, weak TCs like Don (because it has the highest resolution), it was completely blind to the fact that there was anything here to begin w/, the high resolution hurricane models like the HMON, HWRF, and HWRF parallel (whose parent model is the GFS, ultimately dooming them from the beginning) were way overdone, while the parallel GFS was a little late to the party, eventually showed very modest development and was pretty rock solid thereafter...

Back