• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

I remember moving to rural Georgia in the late 80s where central air conditioning wasn't in a lot of homes. Attic fans and occasional window units were the norm.

Lol that won't cut it with 120 degree heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time is ticking. Days are getting shorter. Sun angle is getting lower.
Our hottest month in record is august 2007 and our hottest average week is the third week of July . We are also way south, keep in mind these places in Canada at 50 north have sun angles in the low 60s right now. That’s our September sun angle lol. We have hit 100 in October before , we are definitely no where near out of the woods . Not even half way when it comes to the heat.

Our hottest month in record is august 2007 and our hottest average week is the third week of July . We are also way south, keep in mind these places in Canada at 50 north have sun angles in the low 60s right now. That’s our September sun angle lol. We have hit 100 in October before , we are definitely no where near out of the woods . Not even half way when it comes to the heat.

The ridge axises seem to be setting up further north in the summer sparing us the worst of the heat.

The ridge axises seem to be setting up further north in the summer sparing us the worst of the heat.

Been that way since the winter . Very interesting pattern , it has spared the Arctic however and been limited to higher latitudes south of the Arctic .

We've only had a couple of really hot days so far this summer. Maybe we will get lucky with the pattern and not have a sustained heatwave.

If we progress anything like the analogs we might just circle through this same PNW ridge through the next 30-45

I cannot even begin to phantom what implications that will have the electrical grids out there. Not to mention fires and people just downright overheating. They are not used to heat like that in The PNW.

Back