• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Stress/Anxiety/Depression/Etc.

NWMSGuy

Reaction score
Thankfully, I’ve been given the opportunity to start a new Thread here at SouthernWX. This thread is devoted to people who have dealt with anxiety/stress/depression and the depths of each issue.

I have personally dealt with depression of my own, hard to admit, but honest about the situation. It’s not a constant feeling but it happens, and I deal with it best I can.

Also, I love weather. I love every damn bit of it! I love the crazy models that show snow for my back yard. I love the thunderstorm that puts me to sleep at 9PM and also the one that keeps me awake at the 5AM commute.

I also love the moments in life that lift my spirit (SouthernWX) and recognize the moments that tear me apart.

This thread is to recognize people who deal with issues that at times feel bigger than life, this thread is for you.

Please feel free to share away! Share your personal stories and how you cope with stress, anxiety, depression etc.

You aren't alone man. I've dealt with it for years and still and probably always will deal with it. It comes and goes in cycles. I'm glad this site has improved your outlook and mood.

Dealing with it myself.. currently on Celexa. I know a lot of people poo poo on Big Pharma and mental illness and how they push SSRIs on too many people.. and I'm sure there's something to that.. but I can't personally express enough how that drug has helped me. Having gone off and on it for 2 years now, I know for a fact my mind is better functioning, my emotions in check, my impulse control is better, my anxiety is reduced, when I'm on it. But that's just me.

I’m a pharmacist so I work with people experiencing all the above on a daily basis. If anyone wants to talk, feel free to PM. I’m not offering a medical service, just advice or someone to talk to as a friend! More needs to be done for those suffering from mental health in this country, cancer gets all the funding (not to take away from cancer patients, just speaking in context)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been mildly depressed for years now... everyday no motivation ugh... yet somehow i'm making it through and starting to get close to a meteorology and geography degree......

Work, school, and trying to get deck work done alone is driving me crazy and stressing me out to the point where I don't know how I'm going to get through it all at the moment sane. Doesn't help when your manager puts you to a task and then takes you off and confuses you more. Hopefully I can relax the few days I'm off but I know schoolwork and other work needs to be done so I don't know I can relax a day worry free until at least December.

Stress level high! Senior year of college, have a ton going on!
Good Lord, son, you have a whole life ahead of you ... grab it and go ... :cool:
Go hard, and most importantly, enjoy ...
There's only so many spins around the sun ... don't give a day of it away to anything without achieving (whatever it is you wanna go for) ...
... and don't go a day of it without smiling ... ;) ... Will surely result a few more spins ...

Off the soapbox ... :confused:

Just stumbled on this thread while taking a quick break from model discussion threads. I was diagnosed with MDD and PTSD (combat related) last year and started a list of meds and therapy. Started school back up this year, at 32, to finally study meteorology. Weather has fascinated me since childhood, when I first saw Twister.

Admittedly, and it's something I've seen mets and weenies both make references to, I get a bit of an adrenaline rush tracking and experiencing severe weather events. These days idk how much of that is still childhood awe and admiration, or on the other hand, trying to reexperience traumatic events and how I felt during those moments. Either way, glad I'm here, and I'm thankful to see a thread like this on a forum most wouldn't expect to see one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

interesting perspective.. I'm attracted to horror movies and crime tv shows and I wonder the same thing.. am I sociopath or just an empath on a higher plane..

Maybe storm chasing is something you should get into.. Maybe do a ride along with Jeff P sometime.

Hahaha only if we're heading somewhere with a blue shed and a carwash! I was honestly thinking over the weekend about doing it with Flo as I'm only a couple hours from Wilmington, but then as things got progressively more and more dire, I pulled the plug on that. This ain't some Cat 1 or 2, I'm not cutting my teeth with 120kt+ winds and 12ft+ of surge lmao
Maybe storm chasing is something you should get into.. Maybe do a ride along with Jeff P sometime.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back