• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I put everything on the sidelines a month ago. Im not making anything 401K wise other than me an employer contribution. But Im not bleeding on days like Friday an today. Ill get back in post election,maybe when this all corrects itself

The Qs was down almost 17% from highs, including the pre-market lows. At $420 it was only 3% up for the year at that point...it was up over 20% on the year just over 3 weeks ago.

In 2022 bear market the play was to buy these dips and sell into the 8dema....that worked most of the year. I guess that's the play...and don't chase gap ups.

QQQ_2024-08-05_16-34-54.png

Bought the gap fill today on the Q's...was worried we would wake up to a 2% gap up which would have sucked. A bunch of TQQQ at 53 low....the fact they filled the gap and then it took off gives a little more confidence. This ain't the prettiest chart but a move into the 8/20dema makes sense and then we see.

sc-1.png

Bought the gap fill today on the Q's...was worried we would wake up to a 2% gap up which would have sucked. A bunch of TQQQ at 53 low....the fact they filled the gap and then it took off gives a little more confidence. This ain't the prettiest chart but a move into the 8/20dema makes sense and then we see.

View attachment 149555

Trimmed most into the gap fill at 446 and stopped out of the rest when 442 broke. Market looking rough...when things are bearish you buy dips and sell into rips and then get out of the way.

sc-2.png

Bought a bunch of puts on Cisco. Hoping it pulls an Intel. AI being used in their statements cant save everybody.

Back