• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

The Japan/carry trade is sparking a global margin call...NQ has given up almost all of it's 2024 gains in 3 weeks after being up almost 25%.

I've been 90% cash for weeks now but even that 10% I have invested really hurts today.

Screen Shot 2024-08-05 at 8.56.55 AM.png

I bought TQQQ into $49 at open...my best day of 2024 in just an hour. I sold half of the shares into $52.40 and holding the rest. Stop at today's lows...if they can break todays lows this afternoon we really are screwed.

I bought TQQQ into $49 at open...my best day of 2024 in just an hour. I sold half of the shares into $52.40 and holding the rest. Stop at today's lows...if they can break todays lows this afternoon we really are screwed.
Everyone getting ------ in the ass today and Kylo having his best day of the year. Classic.

AMD green...it's still my biggest position in my longterm IRA. I plan to hold for a long time.

sc.png

Everyone getting ------ in the ass today and Kylo having his best day of the year. Classic.

You could see that bearish engulfing candle in early July then that huge gap down that didn't get bought on July 17th. The market practically smacked everyone in the face to get out. And then it just rejects the 8/20dema on the way down...typical market correction.

sc-1.png

You could see that bearish engulfing candle in early July then that huge gap down that didn't get bought on July 17th. The market practically smacked everyone in the face to get out. And then it just rejects the 8/20dema on the way down...typical market correction.

View attachment 149475
Can you just connect your account to mine so that everything you do happens in my account too?

Can you just connect your account to mine so that everything you do happens in my account too?
Haha...well I bought the dip this morning and they could have easily pushed it lower and stopped me out and I would be down nicely. So yeah...this is a scary time to do anything right now. In fact I just closed out the rest of my shares at $53.20. I am not going to carry anything overnight tonight...we could be down 2-3% or up 2-3%...it's a coin flip really. I don't think the market has seen it's lows....we are probably headed for a recession and in 2022 during the bear market the play was to buy dips and trim hard into any strength.

Want to see if NVDA can close over $101-102...it couldn't reclaim $117'ish last week and took the next step down. I would think 101-102 gets peppered a lot so we will see.

sc.png

Haha...well I bought the dip this morning and they could have easily pushed it lower and stopped me out and I would be down nicely. So yeah...this is a scary time to do anything right now. In fact I just closed out the rest of my shares at $53.20. I am not going to carry anything overnight tonight...we could be down 2-3% or up 2-3%...it's a coin flip really. I don't think the market has seen its lows....we are probably headed for a recession and in 2022 during the bear market the play was to buy dips and trim hard into any strength.
You should create your own ETF. I’ll go all in on it.

Havent had a a major correction with a sustained bear market in 15+ years, we're way overdue.
Qs was down over 40% in 2022...but yeah, since then the market definitely got ahead of itself. The Qs was up almost 100% since Oct 2022 lows...so in 18 months it doubled. Fairly crazy...

sc-1.png

Back