• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

This is a full on de-leveraging event in tech...makes you wonder how bad things are under the hood in this market. I am 90% cash and haven't done much of anything the past couple of weeks and nothing in this market is screaming buy the dip. I don't know what will get me back in the market in the short term. This price action reminds me of the bear market in 2022...maybe worse.

sc-2.png

SPY has rejected 547 5 days in a row now...rejected into it's 8/20dema and now has given up the 50dma. This could get ugly...but things can change fast which is why I don't short. But...this should resolve much lower...

sc.png

No clue what is keeping up IWM...I am expecting this to really rollover and when it does it will be just as fast down as it was up.

sc-1.png

Dealer Gamma is negative. It makes for wild swings.
This could be why....

This could be why....
Lot's of reasons why. The big one is the uptick in Jobless claims. That is one of the few econ data points you can't mess with, or at least if you do it is fixed the next week. The other one is trade data bc both sides would have to agree to lie and they can't agree with anyone right now.

What a disaster. Can someone explain to me why Powell had his presser and decided not to cut rates a day before the jobs report? Why would you not wait until after that report to decide on rates? Thanks Powell I've lost my ass now

SPY has rejected 547 5 days in a row now...rejected into it's 8/20dema and now has given up the 50dma. This could get ugly...but things can change fast which is why I don't short. But...this should resolve much lower...

View attachment 148947

Just a terrible looking chart...unemployment rate ticked up to 4.3% coupled with the Yen/carry trade leverage unwinding.

Classic bearish island top. I haven't done much of anything for a few weeks now....no plans to either other than a quick scalp of extreme oversold conditions.

sc.png

What a disaster. Can someone explain to me why Powell had his presser and decided not to cut rates a day before the jobs report? Why would you not wait until after that report to decide on rates? Thanks Powell I've lost my ass now
Because since 2005 the Fed has done what the market has anticipated in terms or cutting or raising rates at the time of the meeting except 2 times. One was in 2008 when the market priced in a .25 cut and the fed held rates the same. 2 weeks later they cut .50 inter meeting. The other was March of 2020. The Fed gives or takes what the market expects.

Back