• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

This is why we’ll always be poor. They hate us View attachment 147393

Yeah, frankly at this point, there are two things that happened yesterday that are very suspect. One being that you had futures get driven lower hard at around the 10 AM hour despite NYSE breadth being pretty good, and two being the fact that treasuries were strangely bid.

The latter sadly looks like it was to help the big guys position their bond shorts.

Anyway, I somehow managed to forget that PPI is tomorrow. Guessing that's bad too, but honestly think tomorrow's gap down is bought.

Need at least one solid green day even if you are pulling an August-October 2023 redux.

Yeah, frankly at this point, there are two things that happened yesterday that are very suspect. One being that you had futures get driven lower hard at around the 10 AM hour despite NYSE breadth being pretty good, and two being the fact that treasuries were strangely bid.

The latter sadly looks like it was to help the big guys position their bond shorts.

Anyway, I somehow managed to forget that PPI is tomorrow. Guessing that's bad too, but honestly think tomorrow's gap down is bought.

Need at least one solid green day even if you are pulling an August-October 2023 redux.
Yes. I want a gap down to buy back into TSLA calls and probably some Spy calls for top retest into next week. VIX remains elevated but not so high that they can’t bring it back under 13.80 with relative ease

Maybe it changes, but it still looks like what applied in 2023 applies at least for now.

Kinda makes me wish I could buy options instead of just sell them as I’d hedge with IWM puts if so, even though I’m mostly large caps outside of VRT and I think VICI. I don’t actually seriously trade, my OCD has just gotten terrible here.

Anyhow, guessing that core PPI comes in at 0.5 MoM and 0.6 for headline. No analysis, just feels and expecting the worst.

This market sucks right now...GLD is ripping like the apocalypse is coming. Market goes up 1-2% one day and then gaps down huge the next. JPM earnings sent warning shots about the economy/inflation. I'm just watching.

i enjoy the swings plenty of meat on the bone for everyone
watching to see if the NDQ comes up to retest top trend and falls off again .. should see some good action either way bull or bear

edit kind of surprised they didn't ram it up to fill the gap and retest the trend lines.. guess this is showing a weaker side of the markets..still 10:30 plenty of time I suppose1712932295643.png

Last edited:
VIX at 6 month high but SPY/Q are 2% off ATH's. Market very very difficult to get down and stay down.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 11.14.26 AM.png

NDQ has a pretty big head and shoulders on the 5min charts
neckline broke 1712939669035.png

Last edited:
Oil prices about to skyrocket on Monday. Iran just fired missiles/drones at Israel.

I guess I probably should look to hop back in...the S&P oscillator is way oversold. Problem is I don't like chasing huge gap ups like this...would have much preferred to buy a down open.

Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 8.34.05 AM.png

Something gotta give...10yr yield is ripping higher...5-6 months highs but so is Qs/SPY.

sc.png

I added some on that gap fill...50/50 cash now...TQQQ at $58.95. I will give this some room though.

Needless to say got stopped out when $57.50 broke. Should have been more patient and waited...with yields surging it made no sense to see equities with a huge gap up.

hit sqqq 5% bought friday.. limit order hit on bnkd 5% sold back in on the bull side atm NDQ and DOW has broken trendline dow has crossed the 200 on the 4hr momentum defiantly looking like we have shifted bear

NDQ had a pretty seeable set up coming into this morning hoping we can run back up and tag the 9day avg on the 15min chart before close 1713204846539.png
1713204421764.png

Last edited:
We really need to gap down tomorrow, these overnight futures rallies just help calm down the oversold-ness.

At this point, if we gap up, I probably hate buy a bit of SQQQ tomorrow.

Oscillator is at a multi year low. If we could get a hard down open and push lower I would look again to buy. These aggravating gap ups really suck but probably what we get tomorrow.

IMG_0906.png

Back