• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Leave Milk And Cookies

... but don't believe; Santa is mythical, of course.
The market, that is. Santa appears to be here, with a ~13 handle overnight move. Am I supposed to be surprised? No. But the yield inversion continues to be nasty, with the TNX under 40 this morning and the IRX at 52.2.
Its always a sign of strength of the economy when the 13 week T-bill trades more than a full point of yield higher than 10 year money.
But... but... but... who says,, time is valuable?
smiley

Some time is just more valuable, obviously!

I guess somebody did put time in a bottle.

Need to have gray hair to appreciate it ~

Sold Too YOU!

What a great 2023...my best year ever, mainly because I did tech all year. I did go all cash mid-December as I was traveling over the holidays and didn't want to watch. But SPX ended the year 9 weeks up in a row and the last time it did that was over 20 years ago. Needless to say I am going to stay all cash probably until mid-January and then assess.

I expect a good year for the markets this year but not nearly as good as 2023 nor as easy. I expect a lot of chop and mis-direction and it will be much more difficult to make money. My plan as of now is not to buy strength, last year you could...and wait for sharp pullbacks to to buy, which I think we get a lot of.

sc.png

Gross…who is going to buy this mess.

Day 4 down though. I have no plans to long anything and I don’t short.

IMG_0317.png

Would be stunning to see 30k employees laid off with the intent of AI being the reason. That’s 15% of it work force. I’ve said this before but technology shifts create tech jobs not destroy them.
GPT has coding in it. Only thing it really needs is you to ask it the question a certain way and with certain parameter's and the program can write the code itself and perform instant data analysis and visualizations. It can walk someone step by step on Github.

GPT has coding in it. Only thing it really needs is you to ask it the question a certain way and with certain parameter's and the program can write the code itself and perform instant data analysis and visualizations. It can walk someone step by step on Github.
Can someone that doesn’t understand code, data analytics just blindly use AI?

AI will change how we work.

Exactly ?
That doesn't mean jobs are gained though domestically. You can hire a foreign worker in India at a much lower rate now to write code that takes a fraction of the time it did before. I even expect my rate to decline with AI to compete internationally.

That doesn't mean jobs are gained though domestically. You can hire a foreign worker in India at a much lower rate now to write code that takes a fraction of the time it did before. I even expect my rate to decline with AI to compete internationally.
Tech companies tried the “let’s hire cheap labor” in India thing and it blew up in there face. All the workers did was use big tech to get “paid training” and then they left for higher paying jobs immediately.

We still don’t know how AI will evolve, we got a ways to go before that’s determined.

Tech companies tried the “let’s hire cheap labor” in India thing and it blew up in there face. All the workers did was use big tech to get “paid training” and then they left for higher paying jobs immediately.

We still don’t know how AI will evolve, we got a ways to go before that’s determined.
I worked for one of the biggest Indian tech firms in the world. I know what i'm talking about.

I'm still all cash in my swing accont and I lightened up in my IRA as I really thought we would see a larger pullback in January but so far I am wrong. Nasty looking double top on the SPX and negative divergence is glaring. NVDA is single handily keeping this entire market up...how long can that last...

Or, maybe I am just wrong and SPX pushes through ATH's and market takes off in which I will have to chase.

sc.png

Back