• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Oil companies closing rigs

F173CkCaYAILj5o

Been a great year, obviously, Qs up 40%. FOMO has driven this so much higher than it probably should be, but charts don't look bearish. But, common sense says we should see a prolonged pullback but common sense usually doesn't win in this market.

Weekly chart...really hasn't been any correction so far this year and seasonality says we should get one in Sept/October. It's tough to keep chasing tech at these levels. At a min I would like to see the Q's test it's 20wema...and it's really extended from it's 50wma.

sc-1.png

From a liquidity perspective, The TGA is pulling billions and billions from the market but that should reverse in October as the administration spends down the TGA to stimulate the economy going into an election year. Of course you have lots of protection rolling off Friday and tax payments due for corporate. and student loan payments firing up again. lots of push pulls going on

From a liquidity perspective, The TGA is pulling billions and billions from the market but that should reverse in October as the administration spends down the TGA to stimulate the economy going into an election year. Of course you have lots of protection rolling off Friday and tax payments due for corporate. and student loan payments firing up again. lots of push pulls going on
Man if cash pulls and liquidity drains can rally the market 40%, I can't wait for the next stimulus plan!

Just like there is no pattern that makes for a cold and snowy southeast, there is now no pattern that creates a bear market, minus a few "let's throw 'em a bone" quick down and back up events along the way.

Man if cash pulls and liquidity drains can rally the market 40%, I can't wait for the next stimulus plan!

Just like there is no pattern that makes for a cold and snowy southeast, there is now no pattern that creates a bear market, minus a few "let's throw 'em a bone" quick down and back up events along the way.
??

I don't care how high yields get...there isn't enough workers. Unelss the Fed is ready to send us into another global depression we are in quite the pickle....and I am actually somewhat scared.

JOLTS 9.61 million vs 8.8 million estimate.

10 year 4.75%

Been a great year, obviously, Qs up 40%. FOMO has driven this so much higher than it probably should be, but charts don't look bearish. But, common sense says we should see a prolonged pullback but common sense usually doesn't win in this market.

Weekly chart...really hasn't been any correction so far this year and seasonality says we should get one in Sept/October. It's tough to keep chasing tech at these levels. At a min I would like to see the Q's test it's 20wema...and it's really extended from it's 50wma.

View attachment 136981
Qs rejecting the 20w ema...we bulls could be in big trouble here.

sc-1.png

from Santelli yesterday on CNBC:

I saw that...there is no way the Fed would allow the 10yr to hit 13%...much less double digits. Our country literally can't afford it's own debt today with the 10yr at 4.8% much less at 13%.

I don't think that higher rates is going to fix inflation, it's just going to cripple the economy and they will have to end up cutting hard again. They are really in a pickle and that's putting it gently.

I wonder how the markets will react to what happened in DC today. Today was historic up there.
The bond market is imploding…literally. Normally we would see some reaction but not with the bond market burning. I don’t know how we don’t see more bank failures like we did back in March. If JPowell isn’t losing sleep over this…

The bond market is imploding…literally. Normally we would see some reaction but not with the bond market burning. I don’t know how we don’t see more bank failures like we did back in March. If JPowell isn’t losing sleep over this…
There are lots of videos on youtube about the banks, some saying at least 1 major bank will fail. I took most of them to be a little alarmist, but maybe they aren't. I had not heard anything about the bond market until today.

Qs fighting that 20wema...I haven't done much past 2-3 weeks but I loaded up on TQQQ this morning. If Q's sees $364'ish I start to lighten up.

sc-1.png

Back