• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Hard to see the Braves/Mets playing more than 1 game at Truist as scheduled this week. Tuesday looks good, but the weather on Wednesday looks very dicey and Thursday almost certainly isnt happening. But, they kinda need to play out the series to determine who's going to the playoffs. Nothing beats some late season drama, lol.

Hard to see the Braves/Mets playing more than 1 game at Truist as scheduled this week. Tuesday looks good, but the weather on Wednesday looks very dicey and Thursday almost certainly isnt happening. But, they kinda need to play out the series to determine who's going to the playoffs. Nothing beats some late season drama, lol.

Eh, Thursday is the only day I'd really seriously question (and by question, I mean I agree, I definitely have serious, serious doubts the game happens period). Wednesday looks more like potential popcorn storms (I'm done with summer, I'm hoping that tomorrow is my last 90+ for real), so I'd go with more a 30% chance the game is affected.

Of course, I'm talking about the 2024 Braves, so what will probably happen is you'll have a nasty storm develop and sit over Truist Park for 10+ hours Wednesday evening.

I've got tickets for tomorrow's game. If they are going to call it I hope they do it early so I don't have to drive all the way down there.

Mack Brown still in Town?
He's on life support. I heard that he asked his team if he should resign after the game. They all responded no but if they play the way that they did on Saturday for the rest of the season then the opinion of the players will not matter. His contract will be bought out and he will finally retire. In his first tenure in Chapel Hill, his teams always played good defense for the majority of the time he was there. Since coming back to Chapel Hill, his teams have been among the worst if not the worst defensively in the ACC. What has prevented Mack Brown from being dismissed other than his reputation as a winning coach is that he had a NFL caliber quarterback at the helm directing his offense for the past five seasons or so. This year that isn't the case and things could get even uglier before the year is over.

I've got tickets for tomorrow's game. If they are going to call it I hope they do it early so I don't have to drive all the way down there.

If we're to follow along with how 2024 has been, they will either wait until you get in the car before calling it, or let fans in, sell concessions, and then call it.

In all seriousness, they're probably going to need to think of a contingency. Didn't feel quite as bad about tomorrow as I do Thursday, but I might need to.

Back