• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

“In fact, there are only two scenarios where the Braves will be playing at 8:00 p.m. ET:

If Yankees-Red Sox and Padres-Cubs are over, GAME 3 will be on October 1 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
If Braves-Phillies is the only one to go to three games, GAME 3 will be on October 1 at 8:00 p.m. ET”

Otherwise, game will be at 2PM.
 
“In fact, there are only two scenarios where the Braves will be playing at 8:00 p.m. ET:

If Yankees-Red Sox and Padres-Cubs are over, GAME 3 will be on October 1 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
If Braves-Phillies is the only one to go to three games, GAME 3 will be on October 1 at 8:00 p.m. ET”

Otherwise, game will be at 2PM.

Not necessarily true if the White Sox win, they could move the game to 5 PM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I was at the Braves game. My last playoff game since it could be my bad luck.
Not bad luck just bad choice of bullpen relief. Both Lee and Fuentes were used yesterday and both haven't pitched that great in the past month. Surprised Suarez wasn't brought in.
 
It took a miracle HR for the Braves to win Game 1 and they lost Game 2. This is not a World Series caliber team. No way either of these teams will beat the Dodgers.
 
It took a miracle HR for the Braves to win Game 1 and they lost Game 2. This is not a World Series caliber team. No way either of these teams will beat the Dodgers.

I disagree with you ! It didn’t take a miracle homerun the Braves were the better team both games but unfortunately lost today. And the Braves are a very tough matchup with the Dodgers and actually beat them overall in the games they played this season


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It took a miracle HR for the Braves to win Game 1 and they lost Game 2. This is not a World Series caliber team. No way either of these teams will beat the Dodgers.
Care to elaborate on that? The Dodgers have had trouble with the Braves and the road to the world series will be a tough one with the Brewers pitching as well. My only concern with the Braves is using the same relievers too many times when the game is on the line like today.
 
I was at the Braves game. My last playoff game since it could be my bad luck.

No, please go since the Braves need more in the seats! I see that today there were 37k vs only 30k yesterday. Please go and also get others to go lol.

Capacity is 41k. In the olden days, Fulton Cty Stadium held ~52k. Then Turner Field held ~50k. So, they dropped it by 9k in moving to Truist.

I hope they play at 8PM so they can sell it out!
 
No, please go since the Braves need more in the seats! I see that today there were 37k vs only 30k yesterday. Please go and also get others to go lol.

Capacity is 41k. In the olden days, Fulton Cty Stadium held ~52k. Then Turner Field held ~50k. So, they dropped it by 9k in moving to Truist.

I hope they play at 8PM so they can sell it out!

The thing is the only reason they haven’t sold out the game is because stupid MLB chose to schedule them at 2pm if they are any other time then the game would be sold out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I disagree with you ! It didn’t take a miracle homerun the Braves were the better team both games but unfortunately lost today. And the Braves are a very tough matchup with the Dodgers and actually beat them overall in the games they played this season


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don't care what the Regular Season record was between the Braves and Dodgers. The Dodgers have shown in the past that they kick things up another notch when it comes to October baseball.
 
I really don't care what the Regular Season record was between the Braves and Dodgers. The Dodgers have shown in the past that they kick things up another notch when it comes to October baseball.

The thing is it also depends on who the dodgers play. I mean look at last year the played the Bad Reds and an ok Phillies team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
No, please go since the Braves need more in the seats! I see that today there were 37k vs only 30k yesterday. Please go and also get others to go lol.

Capacity is 41k. In the olden days, Fulton Cty Stadium held ~52k. Then Turner Field held ~50k. So, they dropped it by 9k in moving to Truist.

I hope they play at 8PM so they can sell it out!
2pm games are rough. I spent an hour just to get out of the parking deck. It was plenty loud in the stadium even with a few empty seats.
 
Not bad luck just bad choice of bullpen relief. Both Lee and Fuentes were used yesterday and both haven't pitched that great in the past month. Surprised Suarez wasn't brought in.
I cringed when I saw Lee coming out. I know he’s had his moments but a fresher arm would have been better.
 
In the 7th, the Yankees are up on the Red Sox, 8-2. This means that like for the White Sox, the Yankees will likely win their series tonight. That would mean that if SD beats the Cubs in the late game that the final Phillies/Braves game would be at 8PM rather than at 2PM. I still haven’t read anything about a 5PM option.

I thought about it more and realize that would be a mixed blessing for the Braves. The 8PM start would help with attendance as already duscussed. But an 8PM game would give the Braves, should they win tomorrow, less rest before their first game vs the Dodgers Sat. So, the Phillies have two reasons to root for the Cubs to win so they don’t have to play at 8PM. The Braves OTOH are probably more neutral, especially since it may not make a big difference as regards attendance.
 
Thank you for everything to Riley and Albies. Possibly Acuna too.

This is me recognizing where tonight's game is most likely going. They've done a lot from 2018-2024, but it's clear the era based off 2021 is as good as over, killed off by the Phillies.

Even if a couple guys aren't moved after this year, it's as good as mentally/symbolically over.
 
...
Thank you for everything to Riley and Albies. Possibly Acuna too.

This is me recognizing where tonight's game is most likely going. They've done a lot from 2018-2024, but it's clear the era based off 2021 is as good as over, killed off by the Phillies.

Even if a couple guys aren't moved after this year, it's as good as mentally/symbolically over.
I feel you. History has not been kind to the Braves in win or die games. In the Acuna era, they are 1-6 in this situation (they faced elimination in game 3 of the 2018 nlds and won, but since then they lost game 4 in 2018's nlds, lost in nlds game 5 in 2019, nlcs game 7 in 2020, nlds game 4 in 2022 and 2023, and the wild card series in 2024). But all 6 of those losses were either day games or away games. The win was a home game at night- totally different animal. They got this.
 
Back
Top