• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat for 6/20/19

Well, the watch was ended early here. Still have one at the coast. But the worst storms Wake has had this year still remains when we were not under a watch and we had the tornadoes in May.

This line of severe storms is now about 75 miles to my NW. I hope it makes it here and I can watch some lightning strikes dance over the ocean tonight.View attachment 20547
The light show has begun here. Starting to see some lightning to my NW . Storm is still about 40 miles away so hopefully this thing doesn’t fall apart on me at the last second.

78 mph at Duck Pier......we got nada, hardly even managed a good garden variety storm out of the deal.....we suck at severe here the last 4-5 years.

Video out if Duck is impressive. Looked like a few kayakers didnt make it back in time and were caught in the water. Luckily they all seem to have made it safely back.

You have any links to it? I heard they had some gusts 60-70mph range.

It is on witn news on their Facebook. Duck pier had a 78mph gust......I'll see if it's on youtube.

I shared it on Facebook so you can find it there on my page to.

Last edited:
Back