• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat Jan 24-26

There may be a little action in the Carolinas too on Wednesday if the CAD retreats far enough. The SPC has a marginal risk SE of I-85 in both states.

Wind advisories out from the gulf coast to Nashville. 40 to 50 mph gusts from gradient winds possible. Mets here in Birmingham are mentioning scattered power outages could occur.

Big upgrade for the east coast Wed...the 00Z Nam3k was rather meh though...

6z 3k NAM tried to get some storms going in coastal sections and fwiw the LR HRRR had a couple UD helicity swaths down east. Also I'm guessing it's been expanded for potential wind issues if storms can get going. Low cape, high shear always has a couple of surprises

6z 3k NAM tried to get some storms going in coastal sections and fwiw the LR HRRR had a couple UD helicity swaths down east. Also I'm guessing it's been expanded for potential wind issues if storms can get going. Low cape, high shear always has a couple of surprises

Yep the line fires a bit further west this run, and that trend should continue....we shall see. Lately we suck at all kinds of weather here, well except for hot and cold rain.....the only bright spot has been a few decent wind events.

One thing is for certain this gradient wind looks to be no joke. Gusts to tropical storm force not out of the question. Something about a rainy and windy night is my favorite type if weather. This is a really dynamic system. Those of us a little further north in dixie alley can count our blessings that this is January and not April.

Back