• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat Dec 10-12 2021

Does anyone know for sure if last night's Bowling Green tornado is the same one that hit (or near missed) Fort Campbell? If so, that one initiated in West Tennessee and has a very long track as well. 150+ miles. Maybe multiple tornadoes, same parent cell???

It's definitely got a shot
Yeah... man. That's awful. Don't know anything about the pic or its context, but there's a pretty good chance they are going to find EF5 damage with a look like that. Makes me sick for those people. The city is getting all of the attention but that's only a small fraction of the damage path.

Runing around outside smoking butts. How we looking Triad today. 5pmish line come through? Prayers for folks out in KY. That dont look good what yall have posted.

Think by now we could illuminate these tornadoes and follow them with drones capable of sounding alarms. The only tornado I faced caused the tv to freeze and no phone signal. Thankfully it was daylight but still couldn’t see it due to terrain and trees. This tornado was in the dark and I’m sure networks went down and left some without warnings.

It's amazing how the US has so many more violent tornadoes than any other country. 62 F5 tornadoes across the world since 1950 and 59 of them in the US.

Tornado warning just south of Montgomery!View attachment 97518

I was playing madden when I got the alert on my phone, wasn’t expecting that at all. The rotation actually went right overhead but nothing dropped, didn’t even get windy really.

Looking back to the west towards MS, I see a lot of cells, might be a wac a mole type day.

After seeing this and brett adair's pics on twitter, I'm now thinking I'll be surprised if they don't find EF5 damage, and find it quickly.
Yea from what I’ve seen from Twitter this is definitely a high 4 or 5. So sad to see and I really wish building codes would mandate safe rooms in certain states.

Cell southwest of the tornado warned one is rotating pretty good. Cells are in favorable positions. Tiny BWER on the cell directly south of Montgomery. Screenshot_20211211-102339.pngScreenshot_20211211-102334.png

The footage from Mayfield, KY is unbelievable. Not only was this a violent tornado in terms of wind speed, but the area it covered was very wide, too, and it stayed on the ground for a long time.

May be a CC drop kind've cluttered. Wish I could see the Montgomery cam facing south.

How high will the death toll be seems to be the other question right now. The deadliest tornado in Kentucky history killed 76 and the toll in 1974 was in the 70sScreenshot_20211211-103008.png

How high will the death toll be seems to be the other question right now. The deadliest tornado in Kentucky history killed 76 and the toll in 1974 was in the 70sView attachment 97521
You just don't see a lot of high death toll events like you used to. Technology and warning systems make it very difficult to have a high death toll, fortunately. By the way, did this storm have a warning in place before it hit Mayfield ?

Back