• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat 8/12-14, 2019

Back edge of watch being cancelled! The nighttime frontal passage looks promising! Missing the pre game! ?

Under a severe storm warning here until 5:15. Sky is really dark now at the house, but nothing else happening yet. Might end up missing me to the north.

Not sure how the storm was located in RDU moving east ends up missing me to the north, though.

Getting some house shaking thunder now. And more storms to the west.

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC
522 PM EDT TUE AUG 13 2019

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
SOUTHERN ALAMANCE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...
SOUTHERN ORANGE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...
NORTHERN CHATHAM COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 600 PM EDT

* AT 522 PM EDT, A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED 9 MILES SOUTH OF
GRAHAM, MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

HAZARD...60 MPH WIND GUSTS AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.

IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND DAMAGE
TO ROOFS, SIDING, AND TREES.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
CHAPEL HILL, HILLSBOROUGH, PITTSBORO, SILER CITY, CARRBORO,
SWEPSONVILLE, CROSSWINDS BOATING CENTER, EFLAND, SNOW CAMP AND
CROSSWINDS CAMPGROUND.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

FOR YOUR PROTECTION MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A
BUILDING.

Actually looks like the sever warned storm went to the south of me, and what I am getting now is on the southern fringe of another storm. Just hearing some pretty loud thunder.

Pretty nice line of storms from Conway back to Denton, NC.

So my drive home from work is a 2 lane country highway for about 30 miles with very little traffic and usually takes me about 45 minutes. Not gonna lie today was one of the most horrifying drives ever, took me an hour and a 1/2 due to trees all across how way 561. I saw some massive oaks up rooted, some big trees snapped into, power lines down and I swear it looked at times like the trees were twisting as at it appeared like there might have been some rotation. Debris hitting the side of my vehicle.....it was definitely interesting. That storm meant business when it came through Franklin Co.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here’s more when the storm looked suspicious, that was inflow and right next that phone tower a wall cloud E076D16E-518F-462D-A136-825847028230.jpeg63C10E09-4A05-4534-9552-639206888472.jpeg

RAH saying another chance of storms today, but the chance of severe weather looks less than yesterday.

Late post, but had some of the toughest lightning I've seen around here yesterday. Had multiple close strikes. Some of the worst CTG lighting I've experienced living here.

Back